1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a wonderful weekend!

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by BajaOklahoma, Jun 24, 2007.

1. BajaOklahoma

BajaOklahoma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Bailey got sick on Friday. Unfortunately, Old English Sheepdogs do not understand that it is better to puke on the tile than it is to hit the carpet. An 88 lb dog has a huge stomach - and it seems bigger when the contents back come out all at once. She was much better Saturday morning and hasn't been ill since.

Ben, our 100 lb Golden retriever, and Riley, our 82 lb Old English sheepdog, got sick after breakfast on Saturday morning. By this time, we were starting to think their food was an issue, but Bailey wasn't sick after breakfast on Saturday. And about the time we thought they were through puking, it started again.

Ben is our expensive dog. He cut his leg when he fell through a window - required surgery. Twice has eaten stuff and required emergency surgery to remove it - almost dying the first time. Allergic to everything, including grass. The vet was full on Saturday and unable to see him. I can't wait to call tomorrow and tell them about the washcloth he puked up at 5 PM yesterday. Especially since I took him in almost two weeks ago because he just didn't seem right. Fortunately, no surgery this time. He has lost some weight, which he needed to do.

And Lil Baja is under strict orders to be more careful what she leaves out and where - Ben will always be at risk for this to happen again.

So the three stinky dogs were bathed today. My house smells like wet dog, which is just a step up from puke. I am calling the carpet cleaning people (not Will) tomorrow.

So hey, you had a better weekend than I did.

2. OUinFLA

OUinFLA Older Clique Member

why do you hate will?

3. SleestakSooner

SleestakSooner New Member

How strange, my 100 pound mutt was not well (from the opposite end) also this weekend.

Nothing like coming in from a nice birthday dinner with a belly full of good viddles and nearly losing it due to that horrifying smell! Thank God for Fabreeze! It was the only thing that quelled the stench long enough for me to clean up the mess without adding to it.

4. rufnek05

rufnek05 New Member

damn, was this the weekend of sick dogs? my 60lbs boxer threw up on my bed, well on her blanket on my bed. still stank like bigfoots dick.

5. crawfish

crawfish SoonerFans.com Elite Member

My 6-year-old beagle was sick, too. Threw up three times in the same spot (on the carpet). After we'd cleaned it up, of course. :mad:

6. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

Apparently because he did a really bad job cleaning her carpets. I'm just guessing though.

7. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Anyone who lets a hunnert pound dog inside their house deserves to get puked on.

8. Our sheepdog never pukes.. He just drops brontosaurus size piles of poop sometimes

9. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

And/or shat on.

10. springs sooner

springs sooner New Member

i had to do an emergency extraction of a golden puppy out of the rear end of said mother. worse part was it was not even my dog. it was a neighbor who thought she could make some money breeding the dog. she didnt want to spend money getting the female looked at by a vet during the pregnancy. so karma kicked her a good one. after i got the stuck puppy free and five hours of nothing i finaly convinced her to take it to a vet to get her checked out. well turns out there was only one puppy total. so now she is stuck with a big Sunday emergency vet bill and only one puppy to sell. needless to say though my hands and clothes were pretty dirty.