1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walther PPK 380

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by tbl, Sep 18, 2009.

1. tbl

tbl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I have a dude offering stainless Walther PPK 380, two clips, and an ankle holster for $350. I'm not sure if that's a good deal or not. Gun guys???

2. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

It's an OK deal, the Walther is a fine gun, but .380 caliber ain't worth a ****.

You need a .40 or more.

3. Okla-homey

Okla-homey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's probably a Walther PPK/S in in stainless. If it's old enough to have been manufactured in Europe, you might have found a deal on a nice little James Bond gun. If its of more recent vintage, manufactured here, not so much.

Finally, other than being a conversation piece, that pistol in .380 (a/k/a 9mm short) is woefully underpowered for personal defense.

Oh, and not to be all snarky about it, but those two thingies offered with the pistol are not "clips." They are "magazines."

4. Tulsa_Fireman

Tulsa_Fireman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

NOOOOO, Meester Homey! I expect you to die!

5. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Let me translate for Dean.....

When you is gonna pop a cap in some krazay Kracker's ***...you need some real heavy **** when your gonna lay homey down 6 deep.

6. Zbird

Zbird New Member

sounds about right - check auctionarms.com and compare. I agree re: firepower, I'd want at least a 9MM

7. adoniijahsooner

adoniijahsooner New Member

.22's kill more people than any other caliber on the streets. Maybe the guy is looking for conceal benefits, obvious by the ankle holster that comes with it.

8. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

sure, someone eventually dies from the .22 but he still has time to shoot back or gut you like a fish before he does ;)

9. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

You don't get the good blood spatterin with a .22 like you do with a .45 ACP.

10. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Sounds like an OK deal and Walther makes good stuff.

Not a fan of the .380 though. Give me a 9mm, or better yet a .40

...and yeah I know this is basically what Dean said.

11. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

...and I got no use for ankle holsters.