1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visitors for the TCU game

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by 8timechamps, Sep 30, 2013.

1. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Here's who is scheduled to visit for the TCU game:

2014 Offers
    RB - Joe Mixon
    ATH - Michiah Quick
    LB - Devonte Bond
    CB - Adoree Jackson
    DT - Ainuu Taua
    LB - Dwight Williams
    DT - Tashon Smallwood

2014 Commits
    LB - Tay Evans
    WR - Dallis Todd
    DT - Brandon Glenn
    LB/S - Vontre McQuinnie
    DB - Marcus Green
    OG - Jonathan Alvarez
    WR - Carson Meier
    QB - Justice Hansen

2015 Offers
    LB - Cam Townsend
    S - Will Sunderland

2015 Commits
    OL - Josh Wariboko
    OL - Bobby Evans

Updates
    • LB Jamadre Cobb and Marcus Ware (both Arizona Commits have elected not to attened this week's game).

Updated (10/1/13) Added more confirmed visitors.
    I'll update is others are confirmed.

2. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

This is just phenomenal. Do work coaches! Hope all of our player/hosts are ready.

3. 8timechamps

Biggest weekend for visitors, by far.

Adrian Peterson is going to be in Palestine, TX. on Friday, so I'm really, really hoping he'll get to Norman for the game Saturday. Joe Mixon's interest in OU started with his interest in AD. It would be awesome if AD whispered "come to OU" in his ear.

4. Soonerwake

Soonerwake New Member

You would think that with 3 senior RB's leaving at the end of the year, this would be a great time for an elite RB to jump on board. I know there is depth behind them, but there's a chance for someone to take control next summer.

5. 8timechamps

I think that's been a big draw for Mixon. He's down to his final 5, but it's really a 3 horse race (Cal - close to home, OU - close with Gundy and huge AD fan, Wisconsin - I have no idea, other that a history of a good running game).

I'd say OU's chances are about 60% with Mixon. I think they can close the deal this weekend (although I don't think he'll commit until the Army All Star game). He visited Cal last week, and he said he liked it, but Norman should be night and day by comparison.

6. mojorisen2014

mojorisen2014 New Member

I thought Oregon is on mixons radar

7. 8timechamps

I believe they were a top 5, but I don't think they are really a contender. If he stays on the west coast, he'll go to Cal.

8. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

I had heard that AD would be in Norman on Saturday. I honestly cannot remember where i saw that but i know i saw it. Hope i am not mistaken.

9. 8timechamps

It would make sense...Let's hope he is!

10. MyT Oklahoma

MyT Oklahoma New Member

I have heard of Mr. Mixon before. Everyone please be loud as all get out.

11. mhackl

mhackl New Member

12. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The list looks good but a visit does not guarantee a commitment.

At least some of those kids are making the trip because they are allowed.

Of course, the coaches have a better chance of swaying them OUr way with a visit than if they did not come here at all.

But the one article makes clear, the West Coast schools have the edge on most of these.

13. Soonerwake

Soonerwake New Member

I noticed that a bunch of former Sooners were in town too. Coincidence?? I would think that they put on the "look at all these NFL players from here" thing...

14. 8timechamps

Always the case. A visit is only a visit, but statistically, schools improve their odds with a visit, so anything helps.

It's going to be tough to land some of the west coast guys, but what's new?

Of the guys that made the trip, Mixon and Quick are probably the most realistic. Mixon, because of AD...and Quick, because he played with L.J. Moore and Hatari Byrd in high school.

But, you never know.

15. 8timechamps

RB-Joe Mixon reaction after his visit:

"It was so live out there. It was my first time ever in Norman. The campus was really cool. I got there on Friday and it felt like I was in California. The weather was just like ours, it was pretty nice."

"Saturday, that just blew it away for me! It was just crazy at the game."

"I'd definitely give it a ten."

16. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sweet. I guess we shouldn't expect immediate commitments if these guys are as highly rated as you say. I'm guessing these are the type of guys to take their visits and announce later in the process, like at an AA game or something?

17. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sorry, this one made me laugh. I think of people who migrated to socal from other parts of the country (including my own daughter who attends USC) and universally, they comment about the difference in the weather. We got lucky Mixon was in town that weekend and not earlier . . .

18. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

So my guess is they're used to a breezy, cooler coastal climate, as opposed to sit-on-sunny-beach-100s climate?

In any event, hope they had fun. TCU brought a vocal opposing contingent, which I think just made our fans try harder at the end :)

19. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It was so heart warming to hear the TCU fans joining us in cheering the 'horns down' guy who'd been to 65 straight Ou/Texas games.
    We'd found common ground.

but then, almost all good hearted people the world over hate UT.

20. 8timechamps

You never know with these guys, but it does seem like the really highly rated guys wait longer. Mixon hasn't set a date for his announcement, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being a the UA or AA game.