1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UT Rod Wright expects to be in Phoenix next year.

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by PrideAlum, Jan 16, 2006.

1. PrideAlum

PrideAlum Member

UT senior defensive end Rod Wright expects to be in Phoenix on the sideline of the Fiesta Bowl next year watching his Longhorns play in that game next year.

That’s fine with me as long as I’m in Phoenix January 8th watching the Sooners play in the BCS national championship game.:D

2. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

The BCS affront against all that is good and right in College Football, you mean?

Oh...I mean Boomer Sooner in the Bull Crap System National Championship Gameä!

3. TheGodfather889

TheGodfather889 New Member

Well Rod Wright is wrong then because no Vince Young=no Championships for Texas.

4. OklahomaTrombone

OklahomaTrombone SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hope he has some luck finding the Fiesta Bowl in Phoenix.

5. Rod, get a clue big boy....UT was a one-man wrecking crew this year and when you lose your one man, well, you're not so much of a crew anymore....

6. Isn't the Fiesta in Tempe?

7. OklahomaTrombone

OklahomaTrombone SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Next year it'll be in Glendale at the new Arizona Cardinals stadium.

But its technically not in Phoenix.

8. SkipTracer

SkipTracer New Member

And here's the guy that will get them there.

[​IMG]

9. caphorns

caphorns New Member

See how far we've come from "I'll see you in San Diego"

And you people still criticize :rolleyes:

10. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The Cardinals could use a DT.

11. SoonerMooner

SoonerMooner New Member

Hey, no problem. Rod will be at the Fiesta Bowl as long as he buys a ticket.

12. Soonerman08

Soonerman08 New Member

Next season can't get here soon enough!

13. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn 'Spek, out.

Yep...that defense ranked 6th in the country because of that damned Vince Young. He can play all 11 positions!

What is Wright supposed to say at the national championship celebration? Geez...

14. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I would expect him to say that UT would be playing for the national title again next year. Kinda disappointing he has his sights set lower that they should be. ;)

15. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You guys have been ranked 6th in the country on defense for the last 10 years, how did those years with Crissy turn out ;)

16. caphorns

caphorns New Member

Not much different from the results in Tampa Bay under Gruden's tutelage. Actually I think we did better.

17. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Let me rephrase....did those defenses get you to to BCS lalala land ;)

18. caphorns

caphorns New Member

Nope. So we've firmly established that Young is better than Simms. Duh.

19. Stanley1

Stanley1 New Member

Uh.....you don't think having a good offense helps your defense some? We'll see how good they look when the offense mixes in a few 3 and outs and such. They'll be spending ALOT more time on the field this coming season. I guarantee that defense won't be top 10 when you leave the Cotton Bowl this year.

20. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn 'Spek, out.

Texas was not incredibly good on time of posession this year and it didn't seem to hurt that much. The defense was only the field for 39 minutes against Tech and only gave up 17 points.

Auburn's offense in 2004 was not exactly amazing (25th YPG, 18th scoring) but they didn't seem to have a big problem.

Chizik's defenses the past three years finished 10th, 5th, and 5th in total defense and 8th, 1st, and 9th in scoring defense. Texas will return 7 of 11 defensive starters, but you are correct. OU is going to run all over them like they're nothing and they will drop off big time.

That LSU offense in 2003 really seemed to drag down the defense. Or Ohio State in 2002.