1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated roster.

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by OK2U, Jul 6, 2010.

1. OK2U

OK2U New Member

OU released an updated roster today.
    Hopefuly these changes in weight are the good kind.
    *These are just the changes I found most interesing*
    (First weight listed is from the March 23rd roster, the second is their most recent weight).

Josh Aladenoye: 343-316

A. Box: 220-232

Cory Brandon: 310-324

Boyles: 178-183

Q. Carter: 193-200

Brandon Crow: 221-242

Tyler Evans: 280-316

J. Flemming: 178-191

Javon Harris-: 196-212

D. Hurste: 165-178

Ibiloye: 208-215

G. Ikard--252-282

Lane Johnson--252-264

Jarvis Jones--297-277

David King: 236-258

Brian Lepak: 275-299

R. Lewis: 234-240

Jonathan Miller: 190-198

D. Murray: 214-207

Marshal Musil: 218-241

J. Nelson: 172-188

S. Proctor:216-208

Ratterree: 225-246

Jake Reed:274-296

Jaz Reynolds: 181-192

Donald Stephenson: 285-309

M Trice: 178-186

2. NCSooner18

NCSooner18 New Member

There packing some muscle (hopefully) on some of those boys. Ronnell is bigger.....someone is gonna get hurt.

3. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Jarvis Jones lost 20 lbs? Was he sick?

4. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

This is great news! What this says to me is that a lot of guys have been working hard in the offseason, especially the OL. Guys who needed to lose weight, lost weight (Alandoye). Guys who needed to gain weight, did (Brandon, Evans, Ikard, Lepak, Reed, and Stephenson) on the OL. The only guy who lost who needed to gain was Jones.

I am really impressed with the young guys who needed to bigger and stronger who did (Harris, Hurst, Ibiloye, Johnson, King, Lewis, Miller, Musil, Reynolds, and Trice).

However, the veterans lead the way on this. Box, Broyles, QC, Crow, Fleming, Nelson, and Ratterree all needed to get bigger and stronger, and they did it. Guys who needed to lose some weight to get back their speed and flexibility (DM and Proctor), did that as well.

In a separate category, The Hammer at 240 is going to be illegal in most states.

5. OK2U

OK2U New Member

I'm happy to see that out Fullbacks each put on 20+Lbs each.
    We need some running lanes opened this fall.

6. IronHorseSooner

I think this means that we might be doing some power running next year. BTW, I never thought that Evans was ever 280. He looked 300+.

7. IronHorseSooner

As well, it looks like Drew Allen is about the same size as Sam, Jeremy Beal is up about 6-7 pounds, Stills put on about 10-11 pounds of muscle, and Tom Wort put on about 5 pounds. Again, it looks like everybody has been working hard. But, again, I am really impressed by the OL guys. They made the most marked change, which is always good.

8. IronHorseSooner

OUr starting line-up would go as follows:

QB: Jones- 6'4" 219 (RS SO)
    RB: DM- 6'1" 207 (RS SR)
    WR: Broyles- 5'11" 183 (RS JR)
    WR: D. Miller- 6'4" 221 (JR)
    WR: Reynolds- 6'2" 192 (SO)
    TE: Ratterree- 6'3" 246 (JR)
    LT: Stephenson- 6'6" 309 (RS JR)
    LG: Good- 6'6" 299 (JR)
    C: Habern- 6'3" 292 (RS SO)
    RG: Evans- 6'5" 316 (SO)
    RT: Brandon- 6'7" 324 (RS SR)

DE: Beal 6'3" 267 (RS SR)
    DT: McFarland 6'2" 293 (SO)
    DT: Taylor 6'4" 302 (SR)
    DE: Alexander 6'4" 251 (RS JR)
    LB: R. Lewis 6'2" 240 (SO)
    LB: Wort 6'1" 225 (RS FR)
    LB: T. Lewis 6'2" 232 (RS JR)
    CB: Nelson 5'11" 188 (SR)
    FS: QC 6'1" 200 (SR)
    SS: Proctor 6'0" 216 (RS JR)
    CB: Hurst 5'9" 178 (SO)

The only guys that I would be concern about size-wise would be Alexander at 251 and Hurst at 178; however, that's really splitting hairs.

9. owenfieldreams

owenfieldreams New Member

If your list holds and we don't have any coming out after 2010, we're gonna be really good in 2011.

10. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

I like Hurst and im excited to see him play, but it would help if he was a little bit taller, 5-9 vs a 6-3 Malcom Williams of Texas, little scary, but im sure Stoops has it all on the up and up

11. Stooper

Stooper New Member

I am really excited to see Wort, after all the praise he got last summer!! I think this could be a great year.

12. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

Anyone who is said to have could of started over Ryan Reynolds (after 2 years starting) as a true freshman.......im excited to see. totally agree!!!

13. soonerboy_odanorth

soonerboy_odanorth New Member

Are we measuring them naked?... With no shoes?...

Well...

Are we....???

Hmmm... oh yeaaah!!!!

Huh?

14. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

I like that Demarco is down some pounds. Wouldn't bother me to see him even lighter.

15. OK2U

OK2U New Member

16. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Would like to see Good tack on a few more pounds over the summer....292 is pretty small for a guard. If he can get up to 310, then I think we are getting somewhere.

Like to see David King up to 260 or so. Also like seeing Musil up to 240...that guy did some serious work to get up to there. Don't understand J. Jones losing 20 pounds? Like that proctor is down a few pounds and Q. Carter is up a few. Hopefully Ratteree can get up to 255 or so by the fall. I think that would be a great goal for him to aim for.

17. rawlingsHOH

rawlingsHOH New Member

you are putting way too much emphasis on this

18. rawlingsHOH

rawlingsHOH New Member

do lanes get opened by weight, or do lanes get opened by technique, effort, and angle?

i often see the best running teams with the smallest OL. though i'd agree the heavy OLs seem to have a big advantage in pass pro.

19. rawlingsHOH

rawlingsHOH New Member

what was troublesome, was that stoops kept emphasizing that demarco was the same size as adrian.

20. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Is anyone else raising an eyebrow about some the weight shifts. I know they're growin' boys, liftin' weights and runnin' and all that, but Dayam! 20-30 lbs up or down for some? Doesn't seem likely to me.