1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tv's TNT "Saving Grace" & OU

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by crimson&cream, Jul 23, 2007.

1. crimson&cream

crimson&cream New Member

Show is set in OKC and in the police precinct an OU pennant is hanging on the wall big time. BOOMER SOONER

2. soonersam

soonersam Well-Known Member

So, Your watching Saving Grace????

3. RADsooner

RADsooner Member

probably watching holly hunter

4. crimson&cream

crimson&cream New Member

Well I was watching THe Closer then Saving Grace come on so I thought what the heck I take a look and before you know it your right I'm watching Hunter getting intensely banged. LOL :pop:

5. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

All about God, with some obligatory making fun of religion! What would one expect from a situation set in OKC? I guess we won't see Hunter nude as much in subsequent episodes?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  6. OUTromBoNado

OUTromBoNado New Member

My mom just told me about an article about this being in last Sunday's Tulsa World. All the characters that are good guys...their last names are Oklahoma towns..like, Butch Ada and Bobby Stillwater. The primary bad guy's name is Bobby Austin.

Heh...you can definitely tell the writer is a Sooner fan.

7. OU Adonis

OU Adonis New Member

I watched it just because it was set in OKC

8. Jimminy Crimson

Jimminy Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The writer is the executive producer, who happens to be an OU grad.

9. SleestakSooner

SleestakSooner New Member

I watched it as well not knowing that it was not only set, but also filmed (at least partially) in OKC. I noticed the Sooner banner and they also had a Horse-Pig bobble head on one of the office desks!

The show itself was not bad actually. I was expecting much worse but since we now know the producer went to OU it's no wonder it was good!

One thing they did have which I found humorous was a fake high school named Ronald Reagan High School who's mascot was the wildcats. They also had a fake abandoned elementary school with the same name. Should have been the RRHS Wallbreakers. ;)

10. the_ouskull

the_ouskull Well-Known Member

Heh.

Bartender, I'd like a Ronald Wallbreaker, please.

the_ouskull

11. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

i watched it, wasnt a half bad show actually......i'll give it another couple of episodes to see where it goes

12. soonerbrat

soonerbrat Not Exactly Right

Yeah, but the radio guy saying "Good Morning Boomer Sooners" WTF says that? and isn't it mostly filmed in Calgary?

13. jk the sooner fan

they sure milked the Murrah Building memorial in the last scene, and tied her nephew into a son of one of the victims

14. soonerbrat

soonerbrat Not Exactly Right

i didn't watch it but i'm sure it will be on again.

15. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I watched and I enjoyed it .The show is NOT(IMHO) taking shots at religion.They are showing you how far Grace Anadarko is from GOD and that GOD still loves her enough to give her another chance.The graphic nature (at least for regular TV) of her moral dysfunction as an aalcholic and adulterer are necessary to show you her starting point.The series is supposed to depict change and struggle within Grace as GOD touches her life.

Other elements used to set the stage for you to understand Grace and her lack of faith include:
    Being a lapsed Catholic who was molested by a priest as a girl.Secondly her sister's death in the Murrah building bombing,and finally her own sense of guilt.She told her nephew that his Mom was supposed to go the Murrah for his social security card on the 18th(day before the bombing).She was unable to because Grace was sick and unable to watch her nephew.It is implied (at least as I see it) that Grace was actually drunk or hung over that day.

In any case I see it as a promising show worth watching.Last summer the crew was in town shooting OKC background for the show,which as mentioned is set in OKC but not actually filmed here.

16. oumartin

oumartin New Member

Holly Hunter does not look all that good anymore. But if she is an adulterer I will give her a shot

17. jk the sooner fan

i saw the show the way stoopified saw it, not how RLIMC saw it

18. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

still doesn't crack 100 pounds and we're supposed to think she's a bad ***?

please.:)

19. Tulsa_Fireman

Tulsa_Fireman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

But she was Elasti-Girl!

C'mon, man!

20. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You are wrong, then. They did take shots at religion, but I agree with stoopified that the overall theme might well be pro-religion.