1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tramel story on Kerry Jackson

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by picasso, Apr 17, 2013.

1. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You guys read it? Good and sad.

2. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

3. 70sooner

70sooner High Plains Drifter

4. Flagstaffsooner

Flagstaffsooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Great read.

5. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Glad he didn't let life get him down. Anyone that bicycles 3000 miles/ year in the Colorado mountains is okay in my book. That's about how much I rode when lived there (when I really was a Boulder Sooner).

6. MyT Oklahoma

MyT Oklahoma New Member

Yeah April 19, 1973 really sucked.

But I am also glad that it didn't get him down, that he stayed and got his education and most of all that he has made something of his life. Good job Kerry.

7. NMSooner'80

NMSooner'80 Member

I never knew that Jackson was seriously injured in a car wreck before the 1974 season. Our family had season tickets in '73 and '74, and I had remembered seeing Jackson tear it up in a couple of games we saw live in '72. The car wreck explained why he never seriously threatened to get his intended job back.

The '73 issue of Sports Illustrated, previewing the college season, included a comment, "With Jackson, this Sooner wishbone would have been devastating. Without him, it looks like Oklahoma will have to bone up on some wishes."

8. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Al Eschbach has said many times had we landed Mark Harmon he would have QB'd us to a NC in '72. Man what a roster.

9. texaspokieokie

texaspokieokie New Member

If Al said it, got to be true.

10. Not long after he disappeared from the Sooner scene, there was a Kerry Jackson murdered here in Houston. I thought it was him, glad it wasn't.