1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***The Official MMA Thread***

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by stoops the eternal pimp, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Is Forrest done?

2. reflector

reflector Well-Known Member

I don't know, but I doubt it. He is still very marketable.

3. reflector

BJ Penn Signs Contract to Fight Carlos Condit

[video=youtube;k-wrawREAuo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-wrawREAuo[/video]

4. Knippz

Knippz New Member

Well, it's never been such a consensus of who the best P4P fighter in the world is. It's about freaking time everyone recognizes it! Not only that, but many are labeling Anderson as the GOAT, which is pretty accurate IMO.

5. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

No such thing as GOAT in any sport.....

6. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

He is WAY too cocky for me and most people to like anymore.

If he's so great, then why doesn't he step up and fight someone good at 205?

7. Knippz

Knippz New Member

GOAT is an opinionated term, if you don't want to speculate, go away (why bother us who like to speculate?). There is a GOAT in every sport, there's just some debate about a few of them.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  8. Knippz

Knippz New Member

Forrest? Hendo is a good LHW. Franklin is a solid LHW.

Why doesn't GSP move up? Why didn't Fedor cut down to LHW when there was literally no competition? Just because you're ungrateful for what he's done so far, he should just drop his title and his records to please you? It's a business, and he has a family.

And you're the first person I've heard from in a LONG time to complain about his cockiness, and I spend a lot of time on MMA forums (whiniest group of fans ever). You're speaking for yourself. His popularity is soaring and has never been higher, I have no idea where you get this concept.

9. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

The fact is that he has moved up before but not fought the best. Irvin and Griffin? I realize that Forrest once held the title but he's not on the same level as Rashad, Machida, Bones, etc. Why even step up to LHW twice if he's not even wanting to go after the belt?

10. Knippz

Knippz New Member

There you go, you made the point yourself. Machida is a win away from a title shot, Anderson has no interest in coming in and f*cking everything up for his training partner. This isn't Greg Jackson's.

11. reflector

I would love for there to be a Superfight between Jon Jones and Anderson Silva. I think that would be an awesome fight.

12. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Or GSP and Silva but that will probably never happen. At least Silva walks around at a LHW weight.

13. reflector

He walks around at like 230. He is really big when he is not fighting.

14. northspeter

northspeter New Member

GSP walks around at about 190-195 for what its worth...

15. northspeter

northspeter New Member

im seeing some rumors now that bj penn v. carlos condit will be moved to the headline bout on FOX in November.... if true, that's a pretty awesome fight on free tv...

16. reflector

That would be a good fight for the Fox card. I have also read that they are going to do a UFC Primetime on October 30 to promote the Fox card on November 12. It will be a one hour thing, i think.

17. northspeter

northspeter New Member

yep, i saw that too... its supposed to come on right after the OT that sunday...

18. northspeter

northspeter New Member

Dana White to make major announcement tomorrow morning...

EDIT** Dana White just tweeted that the announcement is regarding the Fox Fights... apparently the main card has been set...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  19. northspeter

northspeter New Member

apparently Dana is hinting that they are big names.. the rumored main card fights ive seen so far are Dan Henderson v. Shogun Rua, Vitor Belfort v. Chris Leben, Alistair Overeem v. Frank Mir and BJ Penn v. Carlos Condit.... i think any of those fights would be awesome on live, free, network, TV...

20. reflector

I agree.