1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2007 Rangers thread

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by jk the sooner fan, Apr 3, 2007.

1. AllAboutThe'O'

AllAboutThe'O' SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Nah, we just want payback for what happened at "The K" a couple of weeks ago. Rangers take the first game.

2. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

is it safe to say that based on Tex's performance since he landed in atlanta, that he wasnt giving 100% the last year or so in texas?

3. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

can't say it wouldn't be a surprise. However, he did move to a league that is more prone to throwing fastballs than curveballs.

4. jk the sooner fan

24-3 after 8 in baltimore

wow........longest 8th inning ever

5. jk the sooner fan

holy crap, 30-3

6. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Holy crap doesn't begin to explain it.

$10 says we score 3 or less in this game ;)

7. Beef

Beef SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm glad I took the Rangers -26.5. That was fun. I think you'll end up being right, cvs.

8. jk the sooner fan

top of the 2d and we have 3 runs

9. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

heh, they scored 9 and rallied to win. :D

10. AllAboutThe'O'

AllAboutThe'O' SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Here's my story from the beatdown:
    I'm driving back from a brief vacation, so I put the game on the XM. During the sixth inning, I switch to hear part of the PTI replay on the ESPNews channel. I turn it back to the game and see where we already have 10 runs, and I had switched off that channel probably no more than five minutes.
    Along the way, I stop and get some ice cream and get back into the car just in time to hear us score the first run in the eighth. And we kept scoring. Right after Metcalf's grand slam, I call a co-worker and tell him the score. I had my radio turned down while I was talking to him and I glance over to the radio receiver and see where we scored FOUR more runs in the eighth. I immediately told him, "Grammatica just kicked a field goal and the Cowboys are up on the Ravens, 24-3."
    And then I listen to the six-run ninth on the homestretch of the trip and I repeat listening to that inning. I finally pull into my driveway just in time for the first few pitches of the second game, still in disbelief that we had just scored 30 runs in the previous game and had to turn around and play again. Then we score nine more times before the day's over.
    A good trip back home that I'll never forget.

11. Beef

Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, won a World Series, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. I'm tired of seeing that ****, day in and day out. And I don't want to spend a miserable September seeing the same ****. If I have to see the same ****, I told , 'Bring somebody up. **** it.' If it's my fault, I should be moving out of here then. If it's my fault, ****ing fire my *** and I'll be fine. I have the job to do, and I get paid a lot of ****ing money to make this club work, but it's not easy to work with people like that. It's not easy.'

Ozzie Guillen
    Manager
    Chicago White Sox

jaux likes this.
  12. Beef

Is .500 gonna happen?

13. Beef

I think the Rangers really like the first games of doubleheaders. 10-0 in the 5th.

14. jk the sooner fan

can we hang 31 on them?

15. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

lucky for you guys zumaya hurt himself last night.

16. Paperclip

Paperclip SoonerFans.com Elite Member

17. Beef

Can they go ahead and cut Padilla? He is so damn worthless. Or at least let fans throw at him like the little bitch throws at everyone else.