1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The KING OF LIES Diverts Blame on Sequestration

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by soonercruiser, Feb 19, 2013.

1. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

"Bring all the troops home", and they WILL BE BUSY defending our national borders from our real enemies.
    Been there! Done that!
    History will repeat itself.

What's the #1 gobment responsibility named in the Constitution???
    Oh! I forgot! It's outdated!
    :uncomfortableness:

2. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on how you view what's managable. Debt is taking up a larger and larger part of the pie despite historically low rates. The only way we can service the current debt is to borrow even more. This is an obviously untenable situation. Most conversations don't even take into account state and local borrowing. We are sinking into the debt cesspool and at some point when things become bad enough the dollar will lose it's status as the worlds reserve currency. We haven't seen anything yet until oil is no longer priced in dollars. Then it really is checkmate for the US economy. It's just a slow unraveling process until one day it explodes.

3. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No, not at all. I was simply making the point that they had two problems at that point - inflation and no growth - so they tackled the problem that was easiest for the gov't to deal with.

Supply side economics has a whole lot more to it than that. Supply side economics basically states that if you lower the burden on producers (the supply side), you'll encourage investment which will in turn cause more demand. There's a lot more policy initiatives that go along with that - lower taxes, regulation, etc.