1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best That Never Was- Marcus Dupree

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Sooner70, Nov 9, 2010.

1. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Ok before this goes much further. I think what Sward had ib mind and Im sure its what I hadin mind was . just a bunch of us gettin a Card er somepun and signing it and send it to him ..
    Like has been said, Those of us that were around to watch him play then leave with out any explanation can now understand Why things happened the way they did.

Now if OU wanted to do something i'd be ok with that .

2. oh I see where you are coming from as well as what others have suggested...I think the guy is more than content with how his life is..

3. CowboyMRW

CowboyMRW Wrestling is OSU

The guy was truly an amazing talent. Also he wrote me on fb the other day which is pretty cool in my eyes. Good to see the guy is making the best of everything

4. boomermagic

boomermagic New Member

A lot of time has gone by but I've seen the best in my time and Marcus was the BEST to EVER step on a football field ANYWHERE.. When Barry says he was the most talented he ever coached just think about WHO he coached..

5. MyT Oklahoma

MyT Oklahoma New Member

I am glad that Marcus has made peace with himself, with Switzer, with his former teammates and with some of the OU fans. I remember watching him play and I only wish him the best.

6. 47straight

47straight New Member

I thought the show was pretty balanced. I'm very happy that Dupree has made peace with himself, openly states he shouldn't have left OU, and even buckled down and made a decent comeback and made an NFL team. I wish him nothing that but the best for him.

But I really can't fathom honoring him at halftime by himself. Just doesn't rank up there in actual accomplishments.

7. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I haven't looked at this thread since the night the special aired, mebbe the day after too. But when I read that Dupree gets to OK often and has a good relationship with Switzer and others, I felt like he's gotten due recognition for his all-to-brief exploits as a Sooner. Nothing more need be done.

8. NOVSooner

NOVSooner New Member

9. Dio

Dio SoonerFans.com Elite Member

10. LakeRat

LakeRat New Member

I came to that conclusion about the Rev. from what he said. Not how he was portrayed. It was all interviews. How could you come to another conclusion?

11. 85sooners

85sooners New Member

F the rev