1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TE position for 2006

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Tear Down This Wall, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

Joe Jon Finley and Aaron Cummings. If Kevin Wilson can get this position as productive as it was 1999-2002, I think Adrian Peterson easily goes for 2,000 yards. With the maturity of the new receivers, add production at tight end and teams won't be able to stack the line against us like they did this year.

2. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

3. OUstudent4life

OUstudent4life New Member

I heard an interesting point yesterday on the SA...Mark Rodgers mentioned that having VY be a very mobile quarterback is why their TE was open consistently...the LB's had to choose between covering the TE over the middle or attempting to contain Young. Young was smart enough to see them drop down to stop his rush and then hit the open TE all night.

4. Tear Down This Wall

We had TE's open all over the place with Heupel and Hybl, so QB mobility is irrelevant to the TE game. AD's running and the three WRs should open up our TE game in 2006.

5. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I would prefer to see us run more two WR sets, considering the youth we have there. Until the WRs really hit their assignments constantly, I'd rather have more experienced people like Joe Jon out there.

Of course, I haven't really been impressed with JJF's hands...

6. Tear Down This Wall

I agree with JJF's hands. But, he did make some pretty snappy catches. Moreso that Moses ever did. I like a three wide set like we used to see. I think Iglasias, Johnson, and Kelly did well the second half of the season.

Remember, after those three, you're still throwing Lendy Holmes and the kid from South Carolina, Eric Huggins into the mix. We'll be solid enough at WR to go three-sets a bunch in 2006. It'll be lethal with AD 100% and if a TE can step up.

7. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

you also have to have a QB that can see linebackers. bomar scares me when he throws over the middle.

8. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

I think Bomar is a problem in not throwing to TEs. Also we don't have great TEs. Finley hasn't been consistant as a blocker or recievers. The others are unknowns at this point. Anyone know anything about the TE we have committed out of Rosenberg, Texas? Erik Mensik

9. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

he's our next long snapper

10. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Who? I don't remember that name.

11. Tear Down This Wall

Brody Eldridge, I think?

12. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

This is where Josh's tutelage will help out.

13. TE's and recievers are going to have to block better if AD is to go for lots of yards.....people forget that BJ, Clayton, Bradley, and Peoples could actually block on the edges last year....

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  14. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

which brings us to one of those mysterious questions to be answered later about next year - does bomar think he knows more about being a QB than josh?

15. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

16. Tear Down This Wall

:D

Everything's cool as long as Bomar isn't rolling in a new Benz? And preaching the gospel of Jesus?

17. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

If he's that stupid, then I guess its a really good thing that we recruited Halzle(sp)

18. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

the understanding that you may not know everything there is to know about something you do hormone kicks in at different ages for everyone. for some reason, physical gifts tend to delay it ;)

19. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

*sigh*

Yeah, I have kids too