1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somehow, this game is making me hate UGA more than UF

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by tbl, Dec 22, 2008.

1. tbl

tbl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I understand the Gator fans talking trash and getting pumped up about the game; they should. They should have devotion to their team and have a significant portion of the fanbase that are completely delusional. This is all normal.

However... I find it absolutely ridiculous that many UGA fans have the same fervor for their rival, simply because, yet again, the frigging SEC. Of course this is not just limited to UGA, as I know many of you in other parts of SEC country are hearing the same fervor from a fanbase that has nothing to do with Florida. I just cannot get over how crazy this SEC nonsense is.

SEC! SEC! SEC!

2. ETGator1

ETGator1 New Member

UGA fans root for UF? Why not in a bowl game? As far as I'm concerned, UGA could go 0-12 and I'd be happy, happy, happy! Once they are in a bowl representing the SEC, that rivalry hatred ends and most SECers root for our teams to have success.

I take it that OU fans won't be rooting for other Big 12 teams in the bowls?

3. OUMonster

OUMonster New Member

It's one thing to root for your conference to gain respect down the road, but you won't see many OU fans getting hyped up to see Texas beat the hell out of tOSU.

4. auto

auto New Member

Normally I cheer for all Big 12 in the Post Season. However, after all the whining and crying from the whorns i will be cheering for the luckeyes:D

5. frankensooner

frankensooner New Member

The sukeyes v. the whorns, dang, that is just about as bad as USuCk v. whorns or Noder Dumb v. whorns. YUCK.

6. SoonerBacker

SoonerBacker New Member

I hope the Big XII does well in bowls. But you won't find me rooting for saxet in ANY game.....especially in their bowl game.

7. tbl

So you'd like them to go 0-12, then do good in a bowl game...

and for the most part, I'm not that concerned over other teams in bowl games. I do however root for whomever Texas is playing. The USC game was the only one where I waffled back and forth. I'm still not sure who I wanted to lose that game...

8. SoonersEnFuego

SoonersEnFuego Well-Known Member

You can't go to a bowl game if you're 0-12. Just ask Tyrone Willingham.

9. soonermix

soonermix New Member

i was rooting for a meteor shower or some other natural disaster

10. SoonerTroll

SoonerTroll New Member

No one can ever root for Texass in a bowl game. They are the only true recruiting competitor in the big 12. Everytime they lose OU wins :)

11. oupride

oupride New Member

I want Okie State to lose every game.

12. CrimsonJim

CrimsonJim Well-Known Member

Where's an earthquake when you really need one? :rolleyes:

13. oumartin

oumartin New Member

I will root for all big 12 teams cept texas and the cowboys..

14. meoveryouxinfinity

meoveryouxinfinity New Member

Texas- Ohio State is a win- win. I will root for every other big XII team as well as Tulsa and other favorites. But i'm not posing on here talking about GOOO MIZZOU BEAT NORTHWESTERN!!
    I will, however, be rooting AGAINST the SEC.

15. OUAlumni1990

OUAlumni1990 New Member

What concerns me alittle is Florida's rival is rooting for Florida. Meanwhile, our rival is rooting for Florida also.

I rooted for Texas in the Rosebowl vs Meatchicken. That was a mistake. All these horn fans came crawling out from under their rocks after the game and you couldn't swing a dead cat with hitting someone with a horn shirt on here in Houston. Absolutely disgusting their bandwagon fans are...

16. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The greatness of an idea can be measured by the amount of opposition it garners....

17. Boomer Mooner

Boomer Mooner New Member

I used to root for the whorns anytime they weren't playing OU until I moved to Houston. Now I wouldn't **** down a whorn's throat if his guts were on fire.

:texan:

18. tbl

After living out here for 3 years, I'm glad all this crap happened this year with the whorns. I had lost sight a little bit... However, this SEC stuff is getting really old, very quick. I could put up with it when they were just verbal pooping all over the place in general terms, but now its personal and I'm seeing it for how stupid it really is. We have GOT to win this game...

19. HungaryGator

HungaryGator New Member

DING DING DING! You've just hit on a major point. UGA and UF only rarely recruit against one another. Each is the biggest school in two talent rich states and each can easily prosper even if the other is doing well. We hate each other for historic reasons, but its generally not a zero sum game between the two. Now you understand better why although we consider the poodles a bigger rival we can at least hold some respect for them while most of us would root for the Waffen SS with free agent Tailback Pol Pot and star WR Osama Bin Laden over fsu or miami. It is a zero sum game with UF and those two.

20. OUDoc

OUDoc ..............

You forgot to end that with "SEC!"