1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"...so how we gonna be this year with the man child in L.A.?"

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by the_ouskull, Oct 15, 2009.

1. btk108

btk108 New Member

HUGE Cade Davis fan......I coached this kid in Pee Wee football...family friend. Personally, he is awesome....athletically....he'll do whatever it takes to get there.....

King Crimson likes this.
  2. starclassic tama

starclassic tama New Member

can you tell him to grow 4 inches? kthx

3. btk108

btk108 New Member

he's a guard...he doesnt need another 4"

4. starclassic tama

thought he was gonna be playing the SF... ok, then can you tell him that when he throws that round ball 40 feet in the air and then it drops in the vicinity of the rim, could you maybe make it go in through that white net thing

5. btk108

btk108 New Member

he will....and he has....he's getting better and better...he's going to be so good he's going to make you cry

6. starclassic tama

yea i like cade and think he has a lot of potential... we could really use his 3's this season. not to mention athleticism on D

7. the_ouskull

the_ouskull Well-Known Member

I cry often when watching Sooner athletics, and it's usually NEVER because someone did something good. :D

the_ouskull

8. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

I'm really excited about the new guys. They recruited a guy at all 5 positions in this class, and that can only help on depth. Again, I don't know if we'll be an Elite Eight team again, but this team will be fun to watch.

9. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

I'm actually going to agree with you on your line-up with Cade ahead of Crocker. I'm hoping Crocker can embrace the 6th man role for us this year. I think he would fit the role perfectly. He can come in and bring a lot of intangibles right away(energy, defense, attitude, and hopefully and occasional bucket). He would have to be accepting of the role though this would fall on Capel to convey the importance of Crocker's role as a 6th man.

Another reason I like Tony as a 6th man, is because who else on the team would be better suited for it. Who else could be a better leader for the 2nd unit? I can't think of anyone?

10. the_ouskull

the_ouskull Well-Known Member

Yep.

the_ouskull

11. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Too bad Capel has said the only two guaranteed starters this year are WW and Crock. :)

12. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i think Crock would be a great 6th man, but not on this team. the guy is gonna play. i think skull does a nice job outlining the benefits of crock as such and making the "counter-intuitive" move....but, reality is Crocker is a senior and he's going to play. whether he shoots the 3 hot and cold or guards the other teams' best guy.

13. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Maybe we should look at this starting lineup:

Post- Drew Fitgerald
    Post- Tiny Gallon
    Wing- Stephen Pledger
    Wing-Wiilie Warren
    Point-Tommie Mason-Griffin

Okay I am half-kidding.I was however VERY impressed with the debut of OUr frosh.Have to play beeter D,especially in transition .However I will take a21 point win in game 1 over a veteran team that won 19 games last year.Fitz and Pledger were suprisingly impressive as they were the OTHER recruits,not being McD A-A.That game got me fired up for the season.

14. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

I'm very excited about this season. I think we could be as good as last year cause we're better in some positions and have better depth. Obviously tiny isn't going to be blake griffin but I think we'll have better guard play this year and tiny will be good enough.

15. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I honestly don't find that lineup to be much of a joke. I didn't get to watch the game, but Fitzgerald clearly outplayed Wright statistically. I don't really see Crocker coming out of the starting lineup right now, but if Pledger continues to shoot like he did tonight, and especially if everybody else shoots as bad from three, I could see him getting a ton of playing time.

16. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

I have a different take. IMHO, I think it would be good to have Pledger and Fitz coming off of the bench to provide that spark. We all know that Wright is in there for rebounding and position defense against the opposing team's better big man. Crock is in there for the same reason, except that he can score when he needs to. Now that we have some really good scorers at the 1, 2, and 3, Tony doesn't feel the need to jack up so many threes. He's better when he is focusing on D and rebounding from his position. Now, surprisingly, Fitz and Pledger came in having a knack for D; however, the experience with Crock will keep him in the starting line up, as might the physical conditioning of Wright. Whatever the decision, this is a nice problem to have.

17. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

If Wright's in there for D and rebounding, then I have bad news for you...

18. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I guess I should hsve said iwas 100% kidding.I DO NOT believe in wholesale changes based on the first game of the season.My point was basically that Fitz and Pledger surprised me wth their debut play as they were on a level(at least in this game) with their more celebrated fellow frosh Tiny and TMG.

19. kbsooner

kbsooner New Member

I predict Fitz will be starting for Wright by Big 12 games. I like the idea of Pledger coming off the bench, the quintessential 6th man. Great option to have to some instant offense and hustle plays. I think Cade's minutes will be cut by his emergence. I will also note that if Crocker keeps up the Jeckyl and Hyde, I am not opposed of rolling 4 frosh + WWIII.