1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smart Daily Oklahoman people.

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Rhino, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

From NewsOK.com:
    Wrong.

Harris got worked the first time and completely missed his block. The second time, yes, he blocked his man successfully.

2. Half a Hundred

Half a Hundred New Member

They don't call it the Daily Disappointment for nothing...

3. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

I opened this up and expected to see a blank post...

You're completely right, by the way, Rhino. Everyone I was watching the game with said the same thing right after the play-not only did Tommie miss his block, but his man made the tackle.

4. Cam

Cam Uber Dad

I thought the same thing when I read that yesterday. Tommie pretty much got used on that first play.

5. TopDawg

TopDawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member

"successfully blocked" is such a subjective term

6. scotplum

scotplum New Member

A tad picky aren't we? I'm almost positive they ran to the opposite side the first play (now maybe he got abused anyway but it really doesn't matter does it?).

7. Cam

Cam Uber Dad

Picky? Not al all, just calling it the way it happened. TH's guy beat him on the inside pretty handily on the first play.

8. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

scotplum-

Tommie was lined up on the right side of the line. The play went to the center-right tackle gap. TH's man made the tackle.

9. scotplum

scotplum New Member

Really, hmm. Guess memory didn't serve correctly. For some reason I had asked myself at the time he went in why would they put him in and run the opposite way. Oh well. It was probably because that darn girl that had to stand up on the bench in front of me with the huge SoonerHead so I couldn't see!

10. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

Wrong information from the Daily Oklahoman is the norm. :)

11. Fugue

Fugue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

:norm:

12. XingTheRubicon

XingTheRubicon SoonerFans.com Elite Member

well played

13. Landthief 1972

Landthief 1972 New Member

You sad, sad, woman. You must really be bored.

Thanks for cluttering the board with old useless posts in some pathetic attempt at vindication!

BTW, if you re-re-re-read my original post, I never said the editorial staff at the Oklahoman was good at their job.

14. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

If I wanted to clutter up the board with insulting topics and posts about the Daily Oklahoman it would have clogged up at least 3 pages, as opposed to the 2 threads I pulled up. I have no intentions of reading anymore of your nonsense. Your first post was more than enough to figure out that you just came on this board to be ugly. You are here for one reason and one reason only, to look for trouble and incite arguments with whomever will participate.

Congratulations on being the first and only member of my ignore list. :D

15. OUmillenium

OUmillenium New Member

Smart Daily Ok? What a contra...nevermind

16. Landthief 1972

Landthief 1972 New Member

Thank God.

Sooooo....

Can't we still be friends? :texan:

17. TopDawg

Rhino's always stirring up trouble.

Rhino likes this.
  18. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Amen

19. TopDawg

I don't know. I haven't run the numbers myself, but I would imagine that if you took all the information in the Oklahoman, you'd probably find that at least 51% of it is correct. If that's the case, then wrong information is NOT the norm.

Maybe it has more wrong information than most papers, but I dunno.

20. SleestakSooner

SleestakSooner New Member

It has been judged and found wanting!

The Joklahoman is and has been judged to be the absolute worst large scale newpaper published within these here united states. I do find it extremely normal to pick up the glorified *** wipe and find at least one copy error on the very front page. It happens almost daily. Or did, before I quit reading it completely, which coincidentally coincided with the hiring of Jeni Carlson.:cool:

It really has nothing to do with the politics and everything to do with the quality of the paper itself and the integrity of the journalism held within.

This is an eight pager article, the remainder of which can be found here.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007