1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEC to have a down year?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Rocko, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Rocko

Rocko New Member

The two strongest contenders appear to be LSU and Bama.

Among the upper echelon of teams in the conference, Florida, Bama, Arkansas, and Auburn, will be attempting to find a new QB. LSU isn't looking too solid at the position either.

With the defenses being so stout in the SEC, inconsistent QB play could leave each of these teams with a couple losses.

I'm looking for them to truly beat up each other this coming season, and leave them without a title contender.

Bold (ish)Prediction: Oregon gets past LSU in their season opener, and runs the table for another NCG appearance.

Edit: Oh, and SC has suspended Garcia indefinitely

2. gaylordfan1

gaylordfan1 New Member

Isn't LSU returning their QB? I don't exactly recall but wasn't he pretty descent?

3. Rocko

Rocko New Member

Never said they weren't returning their QB. They're returning two starters actually: Jefferson and Lee. However, both are absolute trash when it comes to throwing the ball. Jefferson is the starter mainly because he can run, and Lee likes throwing to the other team.

Jefferson (their starter) went 4-12 in the spring game with an int.

4. gaylordfan1

gaylordfan1 New Member

I will be honest and say I know nothing about LSU or their roster, but I thought there was quite the buzz surounding them this year.

5. Iam4OUru

Iam4OUru New Member

That was because of the signing of UGA transfer, Zach Mettenberger. "Fans" down here have labeled him "The Mettsiah"...even though he's never thrown a pass in a college game. LSU basically has no proven QB. They have experience but no proven talent or leadership. Jefferson will be the season starter.

6. Tigeman

Tigeman New Member

Despite the media buzz, I'm calling for LSU to drop 3 maybe even 4 this year.

7. OK2U

OK2U New Member

8. OK2U

OK2U New Member

Oops wrong thread

9. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

five consecutive MNCs and the best QB in the group before Newton was Tebow. That's not saying much.

10. I bet there will be some SEC teams that can ball like any year... you're right that it's just too competitive for them to just run around

11. Leroy Lizard

Leroy Lizard SoonerFans.com Elite Member

FIFY

12. Leroy Lizard

Leroy Lizard SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That is one scary looking URL. I don't dare click on it.

13. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I've been hearing he's better than Jefferson since last season.

14. Mongo

Mongo SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Jefferson threw only 7 TD passes last year, and 3 of those were against the aggies in the bowl game.

15. 85sooners

85sooners New Member

:D

16. PLaw

PLaw Well-Known Member

AND . . . maybe, just maybe, the NCAA will throw the hammer at all of the recruiting bidding down there and half of them will be hit with major proby. The stuff that is being reported on a weekly basis is on par with the old SWC in the late 80's when every member institution (maybe with exception of Rice) got nailed.

BOOMER

17. rekamrettuB

rekamrettuB New Member

With Kragthorpe coming in as OC they will have to make a change at QB. They will need someone that can complete a high % of passes. Jefferson certainly isn't the guy.

18. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

LSU will beat Oregon.. I would love to bet on that one... and i will. i will probably bet 500 on it. It will be a good start to the season.

SEC has now won the last 5 National Title Games.

So u gotta think they will at leat be at the game.

LSU to the national title is probable. I mean, it is in New Orleans this year

19. Sooner98

Sooner98 New Member

The SEC could have a horribly down year, and still be light years better than the lousy mid-major conference that we are in.

20. Iam4OUru

Iam4OUru New Member

They won't be as lucky as they were the last time it was in New Orleans. Remember how all the pieces fell into place for them to get to #2?