1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sean Sutton canned.......

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Salt City Sooner, Apr 1, 2008.

1. cheezyq

cheezyq Well-Known Member

Re: SUPER BOWL IV, DAMMIT!

;)

I don't have anything against Chiefs fans, really. Most of my friends and family are Chiefs fans. I just feel bad for them, always getting their hopes up and always coming up just short.

Mixer! likes this.
  2. wishbonesooner

wishbonesooner New Member

Seems as though the info is coming out that Sean was either showing up late for practices or not showing up at all. One friend of mine with OSU ties told me Sean is in serious need for rehab for his alcohol problems.

3. Sooner_Bob

Sooner_Bob SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Man, I actually thought Gundy would get the boot before Sean did.

4. Mixer!

Mixer! Well-Known Member

Dude, Gundy is Boone's golden child. Sutton was the red-headed stepchild, last vestige of the previous AD's administration.

5. sooner518

sooner518 New Member

It'd be really sad if true. it also wouldnt surprise me a bit

6. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I read a "rumor" that he missed 22 practices this year and has a worse problem than pops. Again, a rumor but really sad if true!

7. Ash

Ash New Member

Didn't Barry Trammel publish similar info? I think it's more than a rumor at this point.

8. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I am not sure, I saw it on an OU board...thats why I called it a rumor ?

9. Crimsontothecore

Crimsontothecore New Member

The bottom line to the Sean Sutton firing is this: Eddie embarrassed and disgraced osu with his irresponsible actions. Anyone with HALF a brain knows that Eddie, given his history, wasn't walking into any stoolwater liquor store buying booze himself. It's also not hard to conclude that the most likely accomplice was his son Sean. I've also read the rumors about Sean having a drinking problem.
    I'm tired of hearing how Holder is the bad guy and how he "just didn't like the Suttons" BULL****! Just because everyone else in stoolwater was patting Eddie on the head after he nearly killed an innocent person doesn't mean Holder was obligated to kiss a Sutton's a**.
    In my opinion Mike Holder had the guts to use the same good judgment Kentucky used years ago by ridding the university of the Sutton name.

Ash likes this.
  10. cheezyq

cheezyq Well-Known Member

Now if he could only rid the Oklahoma from the OSU name, then all would be right with the world. :D

11. Mixer!

Mixer! Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Exactly. Can I interest you in some season tickets, or a position within my company?

:p

12. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Tell me you look at this:
    [​IMG]
    And don't see some problems. Tell me one glance at this:
    [​IMG]
    And don't see a pale-faced, sickly Sean sweating back at you. Tell me that upon seeing this:
    [​IMG]
    We've seen it all season long, the signs have all been in front of everyone catching a glimpse of the Junior Sutton, Sean.

We've all laughed at the "Eddie's Drunk" chants and "Left of center," followed by five claps, but Sean is in serious need of help, whether its for alcohol or just severe stress.

Remember how certain OU fans called the Oregon refs with death threats after the botched ref call?

Well, picture about a million times more calls, chants, letters to editors, columns by sports writers, talk radio callers, television reports of your immenent firing, constant reminders that your athletic director does not support you and will not say that your job is safe and the weight of the entire program on your shoulders if you don't stop losing on the road, beat your brother's school, beat your in-state rival school, win your first NIT game... fired.

Poke fans have been relentlessly critical of Sean ever since he took over for daddy. I know such things come with the job, but I wonder how they would feel if tomorrow's headline was about him commiting suicide from the stress.

You made sure Sean got his severance pay. You should also make sure Sean gets the help he needs.

13. Ash

Ash New Member

A few days ago, he published a column where he outlined some of the behind the scenes reasons that Sean might have lost favor and was fired. Some of them being that he was consistently late to meetings and practices and didn't show up to other functions.