1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ryan Broyles - things are looking up for him

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by EatLeadCommie, Nov 29, 2012.

1. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

The Lions deactivated Titus Young due to being a general bunghole.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-young-for-sabotaging-their-passing-offense/

The Lions deactivated receiver Titus Young on Thanksgiving Day for bad behavior that had led to in-fighting among the coaching staff. Young was allowed back on the practice field Wednesday, as a second-team receiver. The Lions never provided the specifics that resulted in Young’s team-imposed ban, but Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press has them.

Per Birkett, Young purposely lined up in the wrong place on the field “multiple times” during the Lions’ Week Eleven loss to Green Bay. He also “mouthed off” to receivers coach Shawn Jefferson before being benched for the final possession. Apparently upset that he wasn’t getting enough passes thrown his way, Young responded by attempting to sabotage the Lions’ passing offense.

Young’s teammates understandably don’t have his back anymore; top wideout Calvin Johnson indicated after the Thanksgiving game that he anticipates the Lions moving forward with rookie Ryan Broyles and newly acquired Mike Thomas in the lineup.

“It was nice to see some new playmakers in there making plays,” Johnson told the Detroit News. “We are going to keep progressing with these new guys in our receiver group.”

Asked if Broyles and Thomas would stay in the rotation, Johnson replied “Yeah. No doubt.”

NWOSURanger likes this.
  2. NWOSURanger

NWOSURanger New Member

I hope the Rams are kicking themselves in the *** for not drafting him.

3. Soonermagik

Soonermagik New Member

Titus Young is a thug! Young has talent, but he's such a disruptive figure that his NFL career may be over quickly. Teams are sick of the T.O. type player and would just prefer not to deal with them at all.

4. Being upset and arguing with coaches is one thing..Sabotaging the passing offense..wow.

5. Soonerwake

Soonerwake New Member

No kidding.. Does this idiot think he is going to get his way or get traded by acting that way? What will other coaches and GM's think when looking to add him to their roster?? Yeah, I want a guy that purposefully sabotages his own team when he doesn't get his way...

6. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I would think that that would be grounds for immediate dismissal and voiding of his contract.

7. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

they probably thought he would fall further so they could take him in a later round... them and many other teams, methinks

8. PLaw

PLaw Well-Known Member

I am so proud of Ryan. Fine young man, great ambassador for the SOONER program. He totally understands the measure of grace Stoops extended to him for his indescretion his FR. year.

BOOMER

9. cjames317

cjames317 New Member

I picked him up for my fantasy team and will start him this week.

10. SoonerNomad

SoonerNomad New Member

Ryan Broyles has been playing well. He did, however, drop a TD pass last week. I was listening to the radio on XM when it happened, and the announcers were surprised to see him drop one. Already getting a rep for being sure handed in the NFL. I had no idea that Young had been acting like a clown and was glad to see Ryan in the starting lineup.

11. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Young isn't acting like a clown, he is a clown. At least twice in the above mentioned game he attempted to line up in the same spot as Tony Scheffler. You have issues when you attempt to line up as a flexed TE because you don't think you're getting the ball. It's also Young's second "benching/demotion" in the course of the past two seasons. Basically 2012 was his last chance with the Lions, and you'll likely see them draft another WR this draft and cut bait with Young.

12. TanTanFeil

TanTanFeil New Member

Glad Ryan represents the OU program. He is a great man and a helluva ball player

13. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I don't watch the Lions unless they're playing the Packers or I want to see Ryan Broyles, but doesn't Young has a "Sr." after his name on his jersey?

Gaaaaahhhh, hope junior takes after his mother :(

14. VA Sooner

VA Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Definitely good for Ryan... he gets his chance now that the idiot Young has not only sabotaged his offense but sabotaged himself. Time to trade him off....

15. Scott D

No need to trade him, his money isn't guaranteed anymore so it becomes a case of when does he get cut with the minimal salary cap hit.

Yes his jersey does say Young Sr., which I've always thought showed something was wrong with him...his kid isn't on the team.

As for the dropped TD pass by Ryan. Even after being in the NFL for 4 years Matt Stafford still doesn't throw any pass under 100 mph, he lacks touch the same as he did when he was at Georgia.

16. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

he played at boise state. everyone wants him gone. raiola called him an a-hole. broyles, megatron, justin brown, and mike thomas would suit me just fine. but for the love of god, draft tony jefferson first. they gotta get some d players that don't supplement their income at joe's fruit stand.

17. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

and he tears the other ACL, out for the year. Dude can NOT catch a break.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...artz-ryan-broyles-lost-for-year-with-torn-acl

18. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

19. Scott D

I guess Brian Robiskie will be active this week.

20. SoonerLaw09

SoonerLaw09 New Member

The OU pro curse continues. Fire Schmitty.