1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random Observations - Fact Checker

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by jkm the stolen pifwafwi, Nov 29, 2015.

1. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So since I'm a glutton for punishment, this is all of the things that I said about this team in the first 3 games.

[+]This got corrected after the Texas game when they swapped out Samia at RT. Kasitati calmed down a little after that and we've been ugly but effective. I'd just like to state that if Ohio State sneaks into the playoffs, we are in for a really long day. I keep coming back to how bad we are at preseason evaluation sometimes. We are talking about going from worst OL in the country to pretty good with one player swap.

[-] Luckily

[+] Typical Juco kid on the receiving side (disappears for 8 games) but has been a consistent blocker out there definite plus

[+] yep

[+] this has been a trend through the season. The first time someone pops in him in the mouth he takes it to a new level (even against Texas).

So this was week 1, I corrected this in Week 2 after the Tennessee Game "A tennessee fan said it best - "Is Mayfield covered in grease?". He isn't elusive, he's slippery. Still takes too many hits though"

[+] I bet the browns wish Manziel resembled Mayfield in a lot of ways off the field

[+] We seem to have one receiver a game plagued by the drops

[+] Neal is still the only guy who can catch this throw

[+] It was correct based on the initial OL. I had no idea we'd get that much better by swapping one guy.

[+] yep

[+] One weapon we just still don't have

[+] every single time. killer instinct holding on line 2

[+] so this ended up being one of the most surprisingly accurate statements I made. Our linebackers all year have been a jeckyl and hyde mix of the best duo in the country on one series and then stand around on the next series. There was one play in particular that stood out to me against Baylor - Alexander is playing strong side which forced Sanchez to roll into the box. All of the action shows that the run is going at Sanchez (pulling tackle, QB facing that way, nobody blocking Alexander). Alexander could have knifed into the hole and tackled the guy for no gain, but he just stands there and watches Sanchez get blown up by the pulling tackle and the running back walks into the end zone. If they could ever put it together, no one would run the ball on us.

[+] the last team to use this was Texas.

[+] this came back to haunt us against Tulsa. Traditionally with Mike though, our pass d has been pretty bad until Texas

[+] yep, yep and yep

[+] If someone gouges us, this is how they are going to do it. Use the above to get past the LOS and then use our secondary's crappy run support against us. Jordan Thomas, Sanchez, and Ahmad Thomas can't tackle. I have never see Ahmad Thomas wrap his arms around a ball carrier.

[+] heh, secondary.

[+] ooo, 11 win team. that has to be worth something right?

[+] from this point on, we were 6 recoveries on 7 fumbles

[-] i still think we need a new returner

[-] I'm giving myself a minus here because he turned it around after the Texas game. I'd just like to point out that this was a case of a coach ignoring the obvious until it cost us a win. As a fan, there isn't anything worse than watching a 2nd stringer come in and grade out at Freshman AA when the 1st stringer was probably the lowest rated guy in the conference.

[+] So close, +3 against TCU, +2 Baylor :(