1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-season coaches poll is out...no surprise for us at #1.

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by SoonerStormchaser, Aug 4, 2011.

1. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

3. XFollower

XFollower Well-Known Member

What about Ohio State? Seems like they might have had a lot of changes.

4. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

A landslide even.

5. SoonerInLubbock

SoonerInLubbock New Member

The office smack talk officially started today. Football is near :)

These Tech fans feel a little disrespected for not even showing up in the Top 25. Their argument is that saxet went 5-7 and still got ranked 24. I can see the frustration a bit. But they tend to forget that it's all about projecting this years teams. I do think it's bull that saxet even showed up in the poll though. First few weeks should be very interesting. I'm patiently fired up! One game at a time guys.

6. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

5 of the 6 SEC WEST division teams are in the top 20.

7. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Keep your knives to yourselves, please.

8. oumartin

oumartin New Member

OSU is underrated, apparently they are gonna be in the NC game

9. 85sooners

85sooners New Member

:D :gary:

10. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Your job is to beat LSU (vicariously) and stay away from the SEC! SEC! chants.

Can you handle that? :D

11. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Inneresting! Note that the coaches are calling for Nebs to be in the running to win the Big101112131415

I would really like to see the team OU beat go on to win their inaugural championship game.

12. joe4sooners

joe4sooners New Member

Yes I am one of those that hates to be ranked number one pre season.

Peach Fuzz and SoonerofAlabama like this.
  13. jersey sooner

jersey sooner New Member

Find a nutsack.

14. Sabanball

We had to deal with it last season. It's your turn this year.:)

By the way, I hope you guys lay 50 on FSU. We are absolutely fed up down here with all the 'FSU is back' talk. Please do us all a favor and put them in their place again like you did last year.

15. jersey sooner

jersey sooner New Member

Hey Sabanballs...what you think about an undefeated matchup of gargantuan proportions down in NOLA?

16. jersey sooner

jersey sooner New Member

oops...sorry about that typo

17. Sabanball

I think it is a real possibility. I know all of our fans want it. I can't think of any other fan base I'd rather be on bourbon st with in Jan than the Sooner Nation. It's just that our path to getting there is going to be much more difficult than yours. Add to that, our 2 and 3-deep rb's are both hurt, with our 2nd stringer Dee Hart out for the season--and fall camp hasn't even technically started yet. We've got some other guys that can hopefully step up and contribute, but we are really snakebit at the rb position right now, which has been our bread and butter. Most think the game w/ LSU in november will decide the conference, and I agree. We win that game, I think there is a very good chance we play you guys in New Orleans for all the marbles.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  18. jersey sooner

jersey sooner New Member

Why, Sabanballs? Whyyyyyy? I was so close to respecting you, but now you go and pull that SEC! SEC! SEC! bull ****. I knew a deadly plague of gayness had infected the entire deep south, but I thought at least Bama fans would be immune to it. You're path is going to be much more difficult than ours? Are you serious? Have you even looked at the schedules? Shoot, I could have argued if you had just said it was more difficult, let alone being much more.

@ Florida State > @ Penn State
    ATM = Arkansas
    @ OK St < LSU (slightly)
    Texas = @ Florida
    Missouri > @ Auburn

So yeah, maybe the SECCG gives you a slight edge. Maybe it doesn't. ****ing SEC!!!!!!!

19. jersey sooner

jersey sooner New Member

And yeah, I forgot to mention to Miss State, but go ahead and tell me Miss St is what makes the SEC so much better.

20. SoonerinSouthlake

SoonerinSouthlake Well-Known Member

no way Bama lasts.. New Qb is the kiss of death when:
    1. expectations start this high
    2. you are in a conference like the SEC

dont care how the D looks or rest o9f team...Bama may be the team of the century NEXT YEAR...but not this year...just the way it rolls (tide)