1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please No Number 1 Seed

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Mookie91, Mar 1, 2016.

1. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You forgot that our guards can't beat anyone off the dribble and get to the FT line.

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

The most important player on OU's offense is whoever becomes free when the opposing defense swarms Buddy... in other words, Jordan Woodard or maybe Isaiah Cousins.

To Buddy's credit, he hasn't seemed to go into a slump since defenses discovered that he will score 40 on them if they don't guard him closely. He still gets lots of Buddy buckets, but alas, we need our second and third scorers to make up the shot difference if Buddy isn't the one shooting them all anymore.

But really... I am just happy to have a team that is not spending a top-five recruiting budget with a standoffish coach and the NCAA breathing down our necks all for no shot at the postseason, not due to a Louisville/SMU-like ban, but for just being bad at basketball. Whether it's a first round exit or a Final Four, I am happy.

Of course I'd be happier with a Final Four...

hawaii 5-0 likes this.
  3. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

I think that is a no-brainer. Despite how we have played of late I think if we get to the Big 12 Championship we could get a 1 seed based on "body of work". That would mean we have beaten ISU and (probably) WV for a 3rd time giving OU 7 wins against the top 25 in the RPI and 4 wins against the top 10.

I'm plenty happy with a 2-seed against the right match-ups though..the 1-16 game is almost always a comfortable win but those 1 vs 8-9 match-ups in round 2 are often upsets and there is a good chance of a 2-10 match-up in round 2.