1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillip Fulmer won a NC once.

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by AlboSooner, Dec 3, 2011.

1. AlboSooner

AlboSooner New Member

Just saying....

You can win a NC, and suck at the same time. Oh and he did win 2 SEC titles, and numerous division titles.

2. KABOOKIE

KABOOKIE SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So did Howard Schnellenberger.

3. Always_Sooner

Always_Sooner New Member

Bob Stoops is starting to remind me of Lloyd Carr.

4. Socrefbek

Socrefbek New Member

I wish he would remind me of Steve Spurrier. After Spurrier got his @$$ handed to him he went out and hired the best young up and coming DC he could find. Maybe Stoops can reflect on that and realize it is time to let BV move on.

5. sooner2be3

sooner2be3 New Member

NICE!

6. landrun

landrun Well-Known Member

Point well made!

7. landrun

landrun Well-Known Member

Incidently, look at Tenn now. They waited too long to get rid of Fulmer. He was a curse in disguise.

8. NYC Poke

NYC Poke New Member

You guys are nuts.

9. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Manning=Heupel.

10. marfacowboy

marfacowboy New Member

Manning wasn't the QB when they won the national title. That was Tee Martin. Fulmer routinely got his *** beat by Spurrier and Florida, and frankly, was very lucky to win the title that year. They would have lost to Arky had Clint Stoerner not inexplicably fumbled the ball (with no one around him) late in the game. Damn near lost to Syracuse, too. Fulmer had a lot of luck.
    But Fulmer also had some bad karma that caught up with him, thanks to some Shakespearean backstabbing when Johnny Majors was in the hospital. He coached a Manning lead team to their first ever loss at Memphis, too. I never had any respect for him.

11. soonervegas

soonervegas New Member

Yeah, but he didn't lose 3 national title games......so he in no Bob Stoops.