1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our fans suck....

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by PhiDeltBeers, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If he got a cop cus of me, he'd have to get one for the entire stadium. As I said, I only stand during game action which is my right

2. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Read the back of your ticket taser boy....lol

3. Collier11

I have, you have to be unreasonable in your actions

4. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

If Carl tells you to sit the **** down.....you betta sit the **** down.

5. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The definition of "unreasonable" is not yours, it's the officers.

6. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I thought that too....

The year Sam got flipped in stoolwater....we were at the edge of the OU seats screaming our asses off. Some loSer fans told us to quiet down and we told them "Whatever". The next thing I know the stoolwater PD is there telling us to quiet down. If he'd have told me to sit down too...I would have.

7. Collier11

Thats all im saying Stoop ^ As I said, ive been going to OU football games since 1997 and never once been in a situation where a peace officer was brought in, and I stand during game action as I said. Im not unreasonable about it, although im sure some people are

8. Piware

Piware Well-Known Member

You can take the "entitled" remark and stuff it. I have never called an officer or stadium security. If everyone is standing, I stand too. If I don't want to I try to look around them or watch the jumbotron.

Collier is making a lot of assumptions about what I do at the games when he has no idea what he is talking about. This debate was started by some guy calling people out who do NOT stand the whole game. Most debates present both sides of the issue and my point is that being browbeaten to stand is unfair. For example, you can't SEE congestive heart failure from the outside.

Collier took exception and got smart. This was not a personal attack on his behavior but he got defensive in a hurry. I am going to love watching him get old. Maybe his level of compassion for people that support the program regardless will be different - but I doubt it.

If you are being a dipwad, know it and don't mind - good for you and YOUR sense of entitlement. As I said before, you can sit, stand or do cartwheels as I don't give a flyin' flip. But thanks for the advice. The next time I will call a cop and I hope others will follow suit. That is all.

9. Collier11

F Carl and his messican azz

That is obvious, again though, just cus someone demands that you sit down doesnt mean jack. I have seen officers deem them unreasonable, there are individual situations each time.

Well if you are in enemy territory what do you expect

StoopTroup likes this.
  10. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

If you've sat in the same seats every year and the folks around you are the same folks every year...the chances of you having a confrontation is low.

Let's say you win the lotto and you are able to upgrade to the Skip and Muffy Donor Section and you try to stand up in front of Skip's Wife all game. I'm betting your gonna sit down.

11. Collier11

I have complete compassion for others when they show tact, it is pretty simple. And my statements about you were soley based on your statements towards others.

I am going to repeat this for the last time, I have never acted like an azz at games, I show respect for those around me, because of this I have never gotten in trouble or been in a situation where others had to get involved. I have seen people who do act like azzes, if you have to deal with them then I am sorry but thats not me. If you arent rude to me then I will respect you, it is simple Golden Rule type stuff my man.

12. Piware

Piware Well-Known Member

LOL!!! 1997??? Call me in another 30 years.

13. Collier11

I had the same tix for about 3 years, then I was a student, now I buy tix off of random fans and sit in random seats for any game I go to

14. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Granny Clampett will kick yo azz if you don't STFD!

[​IMG]

15. Collier11

Im supposed to be impressed because you are older than me? Doesnt mean jack my man. Like I said, I went to OU, have a degree hanging on my wall, I bought my season tix before Stoops when OU sucked and I have spent a ton of money watching OU all over the country.

Im not in ANY way saying that makes me anything special or some sort of better fan, im simply saying that it makes me no better than you and you no better than me. We are all fans of OU and should afford each other equal respect, if you do that, I am the nicest guy around town :D

16. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

ALBQ is gonna make you a "I'll sit down if you ask me nice" T-Shirt. :D

Piware likes this.
  17. Collier11

Go sleep in your car

18. cdlbdd

cdlbdd New Member

I think, in almost all circumstances, it depends on what the person in front of you is doing. If the person in front of me is standing, I'm going to stand. I think that if 'Muffy' calls a police officer and asks him to have me take my seat during a kickoff, when dozens of rows of people in front of me are standing, the police officer is going to let her know that she can stand if she would like or sit, but that he isn't going to ask me to take a seat.

19. OKLA21FAN

OKLA21FAN New Member

or you might have been screaming.....'don't taze me bro'!!!!

20. Collier11

Lets start over here Piware and then be done with it...

If everyone in front of me is standing, especially during game play, im standing. I think it would be unreasonable of you or anyone else to ask me to sit in that situation and I would expect that you wouldnt

If everyone in front of me is sitting, I am sitting. If it is a timeout or halftime, I am sitting.

If everyone in front of me is standing and you tell me to sit, im gonna tell you no and explain why, sorry

If everyone in front of me is sitting or I have a clear view from my seat and you ask me to sit, I will probably sit but dont be surprised if I jump up on occasion out of excitement

If you are an azz to me without provocation, im gonna be an *** to you. Ive had that happen once at an OU bball game

I think we are probably on the same page, we just got off to a bad start

If you think anything I said above is unreasonable then I dont know what to tell you but I doubt you do