1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU should crush T. Tech...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Soonerus, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Their schedule thus far is a total joke...welcome to reality tortillas...

2. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

great, now we are doomed

3. Soonerus

fixed...

4. pac10SUX

pac10SUX Active Member

Murderer's Row so far - powerhouse after powerhouse
    SMU
    SF Austin
    TCU
    Texas St
    Kansas
    Iowa St
    WVU

WE ARE DOOMED - I TELL YA!!

5. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I think the only way Tech could play worse OOC teams is if somehow, they were able to play high school team. When they've played better teams, it's told a little more of the story:

TCU won 20-10
    Iowa State won 42-35
    West Virginia won 37-27

The outcome of all those games was in doubt into the 4th quarter. They've filled up on mediocre to bad competition. This week, will be their first real test, and I fully expect them to fail it.

6. Soonerus

I am with you 8X...

7. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Amazing what a few days can do for fan confidence. I expect us to shat the bed for the majority of 4 quarters like I've come accustomed to watching OU do. We might win, we might not. But i'm not expecting us to suddenly turn into a juggernaut.

8. Soonerus

Blue is so blue...

9. Soonerus

Blue don't be so blue...

10. Blue

I live 30 minutes from Tuscaloosa. You don't know my hell.

11. CatfishSooner

CatfishSooner New Member

why so blue, blue?

12. Blue

I banged your mom. Burn.

13. Soonerus

Sophomoric but not unexpected from a blue ...

14. Blue

Oh my bad...was that your wife or your mom? I banged her too...Ha!

15. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

KU ran roughshod over us for about 20 minutes before we decided we might want to play. I'm not predicting we can crush anyone that plays D1 ball.

16. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I totally agree --- if they want BCS respect, they should NOT be scheduling those Big 12 creampuff opponents! :p

17. UteSooner

UteSooner New Member

Agree.

1.Tech is untested--hasn't played anyone
    2.Tech probably is thinking highly of themselves...undefeated...high ranking...media stories pumping their coach...
    3.Home game for OU...hopefully loud
    4.OU should be hungry to prove themselves...all our recent media has been negative, etc.

Anything else? Tech isn't built to come in here and run the ball down our throats...which helps.

18. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

You must be 40 years old before reaching "man" status. Kliff is only 34 years old

19. thecrimsoncrusader

thecrimsoncrusader New Member

Unlike the Texas and KU games, OU will probably take Texas Tech seriously since they are ranked #10 and undefeated. It's sad that OU wasn't fired up for the Texas game, but it very much looked like a bunch of Sooner players saw a Texas team that OU destroyed the previous two seasons and then saw Texas get beat by 20+ to BYU and Ole Miss along with barely beating Kansas St. and Iowa St.

The Sooners played like they could just show up and win and the Kansas game was a OU/TX hangover after being shocked at the loss to Texas. I just see OU being fired up for this game and decisively winning thanks largely to the Sooner pass defense and Texas Tech's ineffective run game. People can call those things excuses, but OU has a chance the next two games to prove that the OU/TX game was nothing more than a fluke. Coach Heupel made an epic mistake of not committing more to the run and QB run game against Texas, he shouldn't make that mistake again the next two games and needs to remember that Bob Stoops is 61-1 when his teams rush for 200 or more yards.

20. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

While I agree that Tech is untested and that their schedule has been light ... the two common opponents OU and Tech have played seem to indicate a fairly close game.

Both have played TCU with OU winning at home 20-17 and Tech winning at home 20-10 and both teams have faced W. Virginia with OU winning at home 16-7 and Tech winning on the road 37-27. I think OU will win this weekend ... but I don't feel comfortable saying that the Sooners will blow Tech out.