1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU president believes Mixon and Shannon will be 'better people'

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by milesl, Jul 2, 2015.

1. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Of course. That's always the case, but I'm just saying Boren and Stoops will need to be ready for the attacks and assaults that will come when the Media and other schools try to get Mixon eliminated from OU football. If they want to keep him on the team, and have the team in good attitude, they are going to have to deal with the opposition.

2. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

When the video comes out OU will take a beating in the national media. I understand why Boren crushed the racist frat quickly without due process or even giving them the consideration of allowing members of the frat a few days to find a new place to live. Now he will have to answer for why he allowed Mixon to stay despite his actions on the video. If there wasn't the Ray Rice fiasco already chumming the national news media I would say it might not be so bad. But it was also alleged that Ray Rice's wife hit him first in the elevator but this made very little difference to the media and public opinion. And if the video contains a sound clip of Mixon calling Molitor's friend a "fa**ot" then the gaystapo gets involved and it will get ugly in a hurry. I bet Boren, Stoops and the entire BoR wake up in a cold sweat at nights thinking about that tape being released.

BTW, if the video is not so bad and Mixon appears like the "victim except for the fact he's a man and she's a woman" as some of you assert then release the damn tape and he'll be exonerated. I think the tape is being supressed at the request of not only Mixon but also OU.

3. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

It is bad. It is more Ray Rice-like more than FSU QB - Rice knocked out his wife, Mixon knocked out the girl. FSU QB did not knock out the girl.

It's shocking to see it, even when you know what it coming. Mixon lit into her full force. At the time, Mixon's attorney believed that Mixon being sober was some sort of feather in his cap. Really, if you are of sober mind, you should be able to walk away from a verbal confrontation.

When the video comes out, it will be bad for OU, both the school and the athletic department.

4. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Since the thread also mentions Frank Shannon... have any of you ever thought that there must have been something else going on for him to also get a yearlong suspension?

Tons to speculate about... was he injured? Was he academically ineligible? Was OU one strike away from being Title IX'd into oblivion? Was there worse dirt on the case that didn't get out that cause OU and Frank Shannon to pretty much accept that lost season without much angst?

NP said (we discussed both mixon and shannon, yes) that while possible, it's hard to believe because wouldn't most of those things be not as bad as being accused of assault? Why not just say he flunked, he's injured, etc instead of taking the Title IX route?

Both are very, very difficult to understand from the outside looking in... and as mentioned earlier, it's unfortunate that Baker Mayfield got the same punishment, just for making the mistake of walking on at Texas Tech. I HOPE THE REST OF YOU FOOTBALLERS LEARN FROM HIS MISTAKE! ;)

5. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You seem to have watched a bunch of videos of black men hitting women. Do you get off to that stuff, or something?

6. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I just hope Stoops and Boren have the tools to counter the onslaught, and the ability and willingness to beat it.

7. SoonerForLife92

SoonerForLife92 New Member

Yeah the truth of matters is far different from what the public opinion is. You're right this University would take a reputation hit, but at least we punish our players. Hell we punish our players when both parties involved say no wrong doing happened. So sad that ESPN is paid to lie about the SEC schools and not report when they have criminal athletes, which is far more than us for most of those schools. Our reputation would take a hit but I'm not too worried about it in the long run. However I still hope the video is not released considering all things.

8. Eielson

It must suck to live in constant fear the way some of you apparently do.

9. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Right? If you're that worried, put me on the PR job. By the time I'm done, little old Baptist grandmas will be running up to hug Mixon for the service he did us all.

10. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

To be clear, this is very low on my list of worries. I'm not a season ticket holder, I don't donate money to OU academic or athletic endeavors, I don't even make it to Norman on gameday much anymore. I am like the sleeping cat that chose a spot on the rug because the sun was there, and now is slightly-but-not-enough-to-move perturbed that the sunbeam moved in a few hours and my spot is no longer as warm.

11. dwarthog

dwarthog Well-Known Member

But there are so many of them.

12. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I embrace the fear - it let's me know I'm alive.

I don't see the video coming out or it would have by now. Even if it did, Stoops/Boren would have to stick with the current punishment and weather the storm. Not because of principle, but because they had already seen the video when punishment was doled out. They couldn't play the Roger Goodell card of claiming to not know what really happened. I'm clearly not a lawyer, but reading the various threads on this issue the prediction was that Mixon would take a plea at the last minute before the law changed on Nov 1 last year and that is exactly what happened. Mixon's lawyer knew they were dead meat if the video came out and they had no cards to play. All that fuss about counter suing Molitor was just a shell game meant to distract attention and hope for a dismissal. Anyone that put stock in what his lawyer was saying is a moron. Now, every time a football player hits a female the Mixon situation will come up again in the news - at least while he is at OU. That's just the way it is, but the impact will with time as the more recent stories get more attention.

13. Eielson

I wasn't referring to you (or Boulder). I was actually referring to the worrybugs (TDTW and his occasional sidekick) that try to cause alarm in every thread. I'll worry about an issue when it comes, but seeing as I don't have any say in what to do right now, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

14. FaninAma

How old are you? Seriously.

Tear Down This Wall likes this.
  15. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

It's fine. Many younger people revert to that kind of response when they are beaten; so, you take those type of responses as a sign of victory.

16. Eielson

Given the topic of what you quoted, this is uncomfortable. Do you want my height, weight, and eye color, too?

17. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

He just wantin to make sure yer legal LOL

18. FaninAma

I really don't need another thing from you. There's plenty of information available in this thread alone that any attempt to engage you in serious conversation is an utter waste of time.

19. Eielson

That's a shame. If you're not at least a little needy, then you're not really my type.

20. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

One is put in mind of Steppenwolf...before naziism laid that whole strain of Germanic pseudo-thought to rest