1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orangepower.com Thread Game-by-Game Prediction

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by SoonerBOI, Jul 29, 2007.

1. SoonerBOI

SoonerBOI New Member

I just came back from a weekend spin along the Georgia Mountains. Sipping Samuel Adams Boston lager I came upon this thread. The daydreamers are on cra__ again. We need some comedic atmosphere at times.
    http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=38256

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  2. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Those people are just stupid over there.

3. critical_phil

critical_phil SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I am predicting more Competitive Losses for Lite than that dude is....

4. setem

setem DTF

I am going to laugh and laugh and laugh when we run it up on that weak **** they call a D!

We have the D to goose egg those sons of bitches!

5. meoveryouxinfinity

meoveryouxinfinity New Member

I love it how they can be pretty reasonable about the whole season, but will NEVER predict a loss to OU.

6. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

those poor bastards.

i'm glad we have a program where every loss is devastating and not "competitive."

7. Snrfn4ever08

Snrfn4ever08 New Member

Yea, I've already gotten myself into that thread. When you call someone's b.s. on most sites, they usually try to back it up. On this, the guy agreed. Keep your easy button, that was already easy enough :D

8. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

I love hearing the same ol' same ol' "they're just scared cuz we're coming!!!" That usually evolves into a discussion about catching up to Oklahoma and Texas' 100 years of history just because some billionaire added 10,000 more empty seats and new weights (the kind that don't have sand in 'em!!!).

The poke fans I meet on a regular basis in Tulsa are excited about the Georgia game, as they should be... it's a great OOC matchup. Beyond that, they're not predicting anything more than last year or the year before. Unless they're doing it on OP.com behind my back. "Take that gooner!!!"

:stunned:

9. birddog

OU - L - I hate those guys, but I think if we get to this point we will be on cloud 14 and they will surprise us. However, we still win the South.

that's hilarious. they better look out!! we're gonna surprise them!

10. goingoneight

2007 Bed-dumb: Nompton, Oklahoma

OSU surprises OU with a 45-yard kickoff return and a seven play, 55-yard touchdown drive to make it 7-0 on the first drive.

OU then surprises them with a defensive touchdown, three TD passes, and three long TD runs by Chris Brown and Demarco Murray. Allen Patrick punches a late 2-yarder to make it 56-10.

Here's your "surprise" :stunned:!!!

Snrfn4ever08 likes this.
  11. Snrfn4ever08

Snrfn4ever08 New Member

Freaking awesome :D

12. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

they think they are going to lose to aTm and beat Nebraska in Lincoln?

they may really need to watch out for K-State... when was the last time they beat Tech?

13. goingoneight

Their 4-7 squad beat Tech in 2005. Tech just can't seem to consistently win without those little hiccups. Last year, they lose to TCU and Colorado, then light up Texas for nearly 500 yards. Now, they didn't beat UT, but they nearly did. No moral victory convos, just sayin'. You let a 2-10 team embarass you, but you take a defending National Champion into the 4th?

I think the only thing that stops aggy from beating Leach is Tech ending up with the ball last. :D

14. the_ouskull

the_ouskull Well-Known Member

I'm asking this as a completely legitmate question... I would like any OSU lurkers to respond.

Are you people f*cking ret*rded?

I'm not even kidding. Comparing your non-conference slate of Georgia, Troy, Sam Houston State, and Florida Atlantic to our non-conference games of Miami, UNT, Utah State, and Tulsa is ridiculous. At best, they're a fairly equal grouping of non-conference games... I think that Georgia and Miami are a wash... (And, by the way, of COURSE you're playing Georgia in Athens. Like they'd f*cking COME to Stagnantwater. I'm ****ed that we HAVE to. Do you realize what you'd have to pay OU to come play you f*cks if we weren't in the same conference?

But Tulsa, on the other hand, is a quality program, and we're completely willing to go there for a game. Then again, maybe they ARE a better team than Georgia... Georgia is just a name this year...

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/pre_season_congrove_rankings.html

But I'm not even talking about any of that stuff... What the HELL makes you people think that you're going to have a "dramatic" win at Nebraska, or a "comfortable" win at OU? Honestly... What have you done lately to make you feel this way?

"Our offense is amazing, our offense is amazing..."

Really? 'cause the last time I checked your roster, you'd be a lot more intimidating if you had a line. Reid played well last year, other than his completion percentage, and Bowman may be the real deal... but Savage and D'Juan Woods aren't exactly striking fears into the hearts of those who bleed Crimson or anything.

Ya know what...? Win something. Then talk. Hell, PLAY for something, then talk.

Anyway...

Idiots.

the_ouskull

15. OSUFAN11

OSUFAN11 New Member

D'Juan Woods was a senior last year and is no longer playing. I actually liked your post until I saw that. I would have thought a person like you would have known that.:)

16. Octavian

Octavian SoonerFans.com Elite Member

8-4

@UGA - L (Going between the hedges on opening day is a tough task...especially without a proven D)

FAU - W

@Troy - W

TT - W

SHSU - W

@A&M - L (the "freakish-OMG" loss that always happens at some point)

@Neb - L (OSU is 1-20 all-time in Lincoln...after the freakish OMG loss, they'll be hungover and leave 1-21)

KState - W

Texas - W (the Big XII upset of the year...they're not as talented but it'll be a crazy home atmosphere and they're just due against the horns in stillwater)

KU - W

@Baylor - W

@OU - L (a lot of optimism and excitement with the 4 game W streak...but in Norman, the 79th loss to the Sooners occurs )

Alamo Bowl

17. chantundefeated

chantundefeated New Member

hahahaha did you guys see that quote by osubovineman. He was asked why he doesn't think bobby reid to a winning season next year and he responds "I've seen him play." That is an absolute classic.

18. OSUAggie

OSUAggie New Member

How could one have a proven D before the season starts?

Texas' d-backs were allegedly "proven" going into 2006. That didn't turn out too well.

19. birddog

the same way you all say you have the greatest offense in the world.

Octavian likes this.
  20. The_Red_Patriot

The_Red_Patriot New Member

Circle gets the square