1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Olympics...

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by CatfishSooner, Aug 7, 2008.

1. CatfishSooner

CatfishSooner New Member

Who else is really pumped about the games???? I am and I really hope we win the most medals...
    AND I really hope we win gold in basketball so we retake our rightful place on top in the basketball universe...These last few years have been embarrassing..
    Opening ceremony is tomorrow!!!

Anyone think something signifigant outside of sports will probably happen during the Olympics in Beijing? I do...

2. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I think it's going to creep up on folks and we'll all start getting into it pretty quick.

CatfishSooner likes this.
  3. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

I'm in!

Especially like me some track and field, and yeah want to see how the B-ball thing goes.

4. CatfishSooner

CatfishSooner New Member

Our first bball game is vs China....I hope we win by 30 and CP3 dunks over yao ...

5. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I really like the olympics. And it's the only time I'd even consider watching a lot of those events. I can't remember the last time I watched some kind of hurdles event. It was probably the last olympics.

6. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

I don't give two ****s about the olympics and will probably not watch them at all!

7. CatfishSooner

CatfishSooner New Member

Those hurdlers are talented... I don't know how the heck they do it while running full speed and not missin a beat... fun to watch...
    I hope gay wins the 100 and wish he could run in the 200!

8. Curly Bill

Yeah well.....:p .

9. CatfishSooner

CatfishSooner New Member

Why do you hate the US? ;)

But seriously, out of curiousity, why do you not give two ****s about em?

Curly Bill likes this.
  10. royalfan5

royalfan5 Superbia in Proelio

I'm looking forward to Track and Field and Boxing tournaments. I'm sure I'll probably watch a lot of swimming and diving too. Although, I probably get more excited about the Winter Games, I don't see how you can like sports and not like the Olympics.

11. Chuck Bao

Chuck Bao SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This Olympics is all about glorifying China.

Please pay attention because this is where Walmart buys most of its products.

I'm getting into the spirit of it. Unfortunately, my Chinese manufactured TV gave out after a few short years. Unfortunately, the new one won't be delivered in time to watch the opening ceremony.

I will be watching some of Olympic sports in my office. Thais are expected to do well in boxing and women's weightlifting.

12. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Soccer = yes
    Men's BBall = yes

13. Partial Qualifier

Partial Qualifier SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm more of a winter olympics type but this one should be interesting. Bball will be interesting -- speaking of, can someone explain why Jason Kidd is on the olympic team?

14. Curly Bill

Because he's been there done that...ie. experience.

15. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

It's a shame that baseball and softball aren't in the summer Olympics.

16. Curly Bill

Softball is.

17. CatfishSooner

CatfishSooner New Member

I think they are for this one....last time though

18. Curly Bill

Yup.

19. Chuck Bao

Ahem! My first Olympic torch relay protest thread gets moved to the general sports forum.

In an effort to keep this thing political and not sports related, I'm doing the sporting thing and re-posting my protest posters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Chuck Bao

Oops. An Olympic too slow moment.