1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

****OFFICIAL OU/What's Up Knight? GAME THREAD****

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Jimminy Crimson, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk SoonerFans.com Elite Member

friggin cardiac arrest!

birddog likes this.
  2. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't think it was coaching that let them back in.

I mean, how many times can you have Jarrius Jackson doubled only to have BOTH defenders leave him for a wide open look. :mad:

You gotta play all 45 seconds of the shot clock on D, guys.

3. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I just scared the hell outta MY WIFE AND DOG!! Beautiful win. I hate Tech fans bad. Bastards.

4. MI Sooner

MI Sooner New Member

Why does Kelvin have to call a timeout to run the basketball equivalent of the backyard football play "go out and get open?"

Why do we play for the last shot when we're down by one.? It's one thing if we try to get a shot early and there's nothing there, but to intentionally dribble out the clock is so stupid.

Taj Grey constantly commits stupid fouls.

We WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! BOOMER SOONER

5. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

time for a valium.

6. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

Whuff. That didn't do wonders for my blood pressure.

I think the back of my phone vaporized when I threw it across the room. At least, I haven't found it yet.

7. CtheB

CtheB New Member

Good win, Sooners. Michael Neal, the guy is just flat out NASTY ain't he?

8. CtheB

CtheB New Member

Kelvin calling a timeout before an important offensive possession is like Bill Clinton calling a timeout before a marriage seminar.

9. OUstud

OUstud New Member

10. CtheB

CtheB New Member

Same goes for Jarrious Jackson though.

11. IronSooner

IronSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think I may buy a second, or some suitable fake, expressly to throw across the room.

12. MI Sooner

MI Sooner New Member

This is one game where we coaching didn't contribute much to losing the lead. Jackson did.

But that last play was terrible. Terrell isn't Kobe Bryant. Our best offensive option isn't, "Go create something Terrell (or Nolan, or Cory, or Nate)."

13. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So the other team doesn't have enough time to come back down and beat you.

Last I checked, the original shot went up with about 6 seconds left on the clock giving the team just enough time to get a 2nd and, if need be, a third chance.

Fixed the spelling.

And yes, I'll agree with you here. Taj is frustratingly talented.

14. oumartin

oumartin New Member

have anyone seen a team not wanna inbound the basketball as bad as OU?

after an opponent scores they can get back and set up their defense before OU figures out who's gonna throw it in.

15. CtheB

CtheB New Member

They actually make a foam rubber phone specifically for this instance. I think we all could have used one at one time or another.

16. TripleOption14

TripleOption14 New Member

Am i the only one who thinks this team is a COMPLETE joke this year? Another double digit lead gone to hell! 9 times out of 10 this would have been yet another ridiculous loss for OU. They got damn lucky period!

17. Jimminy Crimson

Jimminy Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

just make sure you pick up the right one :D

18. CtheB

CtheB New Member

Yes, we're all familiar with it. But when you are 24 games into the season, you realize it's not going to change. Just take the win and be happy with it. Actually, compared to the Colorado and Kansas games, I'm awfully happy. Call it progress.

19. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

yeah, me too

at least we know what to do in the end of these games

20. Pricetag

Pricetag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

With as crazy as our guys can get sometimes, there's no way I would have let them run that possession without guidance, even if it was just to tell them to chill out. There's no telling what we would have done had Kelvin not stopped play to regroup.