1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Game Thread: Oklahoma vs Miami

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by ouflak, Oct 3, 2009.

1. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Game Over

2. soonerfaninfla

soonerfaninfla New Member

ok, i dont want to be so negative, so what does ou need to do to correct the same issues

3. MyT Oklahoma

MyT Oklahoma New Member

Its hard to believe that we spent the past two weeks getting ready and did no better than this tonight. Oh well..

4. SOONER44EVER

SOONER44EVER SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Outcoached again!!!:mad:

5. TMcGee86

TMcGee86 Well-Known Member

well, to be honest, I really dont know why I should expect any different with Bradford, Gresham, and Broyles out.

No team can overcome that on the road against a decent opponent.

At least it looks like it was a close game.

At least we should be able to win our bowl game this year, it would take a lot for it to be a BCS one now.

6. brown town sooner

brown town sooner New Member

Ah hell...come on guys.....what do you expect? Heisman winner on the sidelines, offensive line graduated and playing in the nfl, world's best tightend on crutches you're only true "star" with his arm in a sling...I mean...we ARE Oklahoma but even the Sooners can't overcome that crap.

7. Petro-Sooner

Petro-Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

FAIL OU. Get better........... What a joke.

8. sooner59

sooner59 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Given the expectations before the season, this has been the most painful start to a season that I can remember since Bob has been here. We have injury after injury, and begin the season 2-2. Even in '05 and '06 it didn't disappoint me as much because I didn't think we were complete enough as a team. I need to quit getting my hopes up. At least as long we have KW calling the plays. If it weren't for the great athletes bailing him out, he would look really bad.

9. fadada1

fadada1 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i'm done with kevin wilson. DONE, DONE, and DONE. i don't blame stoops, venables, or anyone else. i'm blaming kw for putting out defense in this position, not bv for allowing 21 points (7 of of which was a gift). our D played well against a solid QB and an offensive coordinator who know how to coordinate an offense - and isn't chick **** to be aggressive and "go against the grain". our D didn't get outcoached, our offensive coordinator outcoached homself by leaving his playbook in the ****ter.

10. brown town sooner

brown town sooner New Member

Ah hell...come on guys.....what do you expect? Heisman winner on the sidelines, offensive line graduated and playing in the nfl, world's best tightend on crutches you're only true "star" with his arm in a sling...I mean...we ARE Oklahoma but even the Sooners can't overcome that crap.

11. 5thYearSooner

5thYearSooner Member

Seriously, Im not takling abt this game but, when was last time when OU came back from a 2TD hole in 2nd half

12. UTsucks

UTsucks New Member

Can we PLEASE move the UT GAME to 8PM vs 11AM the game is worthless now. UT is going to SMOKE THE SOONERS :pop:

13. 5thYearSooner

5thYearSooner Member

Seriously, Im not takling abt this game but, when was last time when OU came back from a 2TD hole in 2nd half

Sorry abt repeat Nothing is going well tonight :(

14. Petro-Sooner

Petro-Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

When does another sport start? I dont watch crap.

15. BetterSoonerThanLater

BetterSoonerThanLater SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i understand the fact that we are missing our starting QB, TE and WR. however, that was honestly some of the worst playcalling i have ever seen. how many throws did they allow landry to make that we farther than 5 yrds?
    I am not that impressed with Jacory Harris, but at leaset he was able to make some throws. Why we throw the ball behind the line of scrimmage for a screen to the flats on a 3rd and 9-- with 4+ defenders stacking the same side-- is beyond me. How many times are we gonna run the off tackle to the short side of the field.? draw plays on 3rd and 14? come on. We know landry can make the throws, give him a chance to complete them. cameron kinny and brandon caleb could have made some catches. to be honest, it was only close b/c we got lucky on a few things: the fake fg, the roughing the kicker and some face mask calls on miami. i hate being negative. but dammit, it was like watching a train wreck and being able to do nothing about it. just when i find myself beginning to calm down and stay positive, we do something stupid. I think there is a lot of talent on this team, and i understand the challenges we face, but i sincerly feel the coaches did not set OUr guys up for success, nor allow them to make plays. everytime we would gain momentum, we shoot ourselves in the foot. we were undisciplined and had no passion after the first qtr.

my rant is over. i have accepted the fact we will not be in the BCS, but i strongly hope that OUr coaches can figure out why we cannot come up with a decent game plan after having two weeks to prepare. figure out how to make in-game adjustments, and represent OU the way we all feel and KNOW it should be! bring on baylor, heres to sam being ready, broyles being ok, and kicking texas' ***. right now, i could care less about anything but seeing the whorns go down in two weeks!!!

BOOMER!

16. MyT Oklahoma

MyT Oklahoma New Member

When was the last time OU blew a 10 point lead on the road? Tonight? Texas a year ago? Colorado two years ago?

Our coaches had two weeks to get ready for tonight and yet still failed to produce. Film at 11.

17. MacPhatDaddy

MacPhatDaddy New Member

More importantly: when was the last time OU won a meaningful game away from Norman? Why can't this team win important road games? I submit that it is because the players are weak both mentally and physically and if their opponent doesn't roll over immediately they panic.

What you saw in this game, and the game against Florida, and the game against BYU is a poorly coached team. It's like these clowns expect their oppponent to just quit because the might Sooners are on the field. Hell! The mighty Sooners lost to Boise State of all teams! What a freaking joke.

I know people on this site like to make up little nicknames such as *Texas* because of their asterisk and Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah because Tim Tebow is a better QB than Sam Bradford. I now suggest that until OU wins a meaningful road or neutral site game that they be referred to as the Choke-lahoma Jokeversity Swooners because they choke, they are a joke, and they swoon before anything close to a competitive foe. Failre to refer to OU as Choke-lahoma Jokeversity is nothing less than hypocrisy and stupidity.

How's that taste! In your face!

I win!

18. MyT Oklahoma

MyT Oklahoma New Member

Funny I don't see that you've won anything unless your a Miami fan or unless you bet against Oklahoma.

I don't blame our players but I do blame our coaches. The OU coaches can't get our players ready no matter how much time they have and they can't make adjustments during the game. If our players appear not to be ready that is our coaches fault.

19. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

I'm curious as to why conference championship games don't count as meaningful neutral-site games.

20. mightysooner

mightysooner New Member

Because they're against Mizzu?

mehip likes this.