1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2014 LOI confirmation thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by 8timechamps, Feb 4, 2014.

1. SoonerofAlabama

SoonerofAlabama Actual Poor Student

Clark is deciding at 2 p.m. THURSDAY because of his school closing.

2. Dixon

Dixon New Member

Just looked at the bios on our signees. Is this an unusually tall group? Seems like all but the DBs are 6'3" to 6'6". Love it!

3. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Diva. Maybe he's holding out for a transfer offer for his brother on the basketball team

4. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

5. SoonerofAlabama

SoonerofAlabama Actual Poor Student

Mixon just confirmed that Quick committed to OU. :)

6. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Not sure how these things are figured, but from the tone of this thread
    OU is moving up from the #14 ranking that I saw yesterday on ESPNU...

7. badger

8. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Is this the most geographically diverse group we've had in a long time? It is really impressive to me the number of states we've drawn this class from.

9. badger

Here's a map. Hope the Florida/Geogia pipeline hasn't dried, but it's likely that we just looked elsewhere this go around and will be back when recruits like Eric Striker pop up

10. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

Population-wise, no argument here. Plus Texas can't land its top nine recruits. Baylor took two of them.

In fairness, OU didn't land any of the top nine either.

11. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It seems like we've cherry picked Florida over the years. Some years we'll get 2 or 3 from there, some years we won't get any. We've developed a real pipeline from California though.

12. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Florida has always been a case of us being on the outside looking in. Outside of Davin Joseph, we've mainly pulled kids that would be classified as "tweeners" and weren't heavily pursued by the SEC.

Gundy has done quite well with Georgia, but the problem there has been all of the baggage those kids have brought with them. We've gotten much better results recruiting Louisiana than either Florida or Georgia.

The only major problem that we've had recruiting California has been early entrant-itis.

13. badger

Are we the beneficiaries of USC being very down, or is this a permanent pipeline? For example, we recruit Texas highly whether UT is awesome or sucking. Will we continue to pull top recruits from Cali if the Pac 12 schools in that state continue to be meh?

No disrespect to Stanford (actually, I hate them so all disrespect to Stanford) but they always will be the more academic choice of recruits, much like Notre Dame will always be the more Catholic choice of recruits

14. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

USC being down only helps us out for the top ranked kids. And honestly, those aren't really the ones that you want to get in droves from either Cali or Texas. For whatever reason, those 2 states tend to have better players in the 25-50 range than they do at the top.

You don't have to look any farther than this class -> http://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahoma/football/recruiting/commitments/2008 -> to see what I'm talking about with Texas.

15. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

Also I removed the cacheing on the eligibility chart for today. A little worse performance, but you don't have to wait for 2 hours for it to update with new guys. I also figured out why Cortez Johnson refused to show up (My transfer logic sucks).

http://www.ouportal.com/page/Eligibility-Chart.aspx

16. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

lol, nice one, but we already have our PG..and he doesn't pee out car windows and plays really well!

17. Class rankings are silly.

18. Howzit

Howzit Junice Groupie

You're face is silly.

19. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

Kind of like Draft Grades?

20. Exactly. The head scout for Bleacher Report used to work with my company until he was caught stealing my stuff and using it as his own..Anyway, he gave the Seahawks an F and blasted them for drafting Russell Wilson.. He trashed everyone for disagreeing with him then and now he's mad at everyone for calling him out.