1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

****Offical 2007-08 Barclay's Premier League Thread******

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by royalfan5, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

2-0 England.

The Americans looked pretty pedestrian with the English pressuring almost constantly.

2. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We had no attacking presence at all with Altidore not there, and our central midfield was horrible. The defense played fairly well (outside of the Gerrard goal) considering that everywhere else on the field played horribly.

3. Scott D

this was a classic post.

4. Cam

Cam Uber Dad

Funny post on LD.

I wasn't impressed with any aspect of our MNT's play against England. The only decent player on the field was Guzan. He made a couple of nice saves in the 2nd half. Although he looked really bad on Gerrard's goal. The rest looked like they were just happy to be there.

Eddie Johnson looked like a fish out of water. He had 1 good shot the entire game and couldn't hold onto the ball. He got pushed off the ball at every turn. Josh Wolff, why is he still in the Nat'l Team pool? He might as well have pulled up a lawn chair and sat and watched the game from the sideline, he would've contributed just as much.

5. illinisooner

illinisooner New Member

My seat was in the 19th row on the endline, about 20 feet to the left of the corner flag...right on the dividing line between the US and England section. Definitely an experience, an England international at Wembley, but not quite the one I was looking for. I watched the replay that night and we looked just as bad as I remembered. What was really surprising to me is how apathetic the English fans and media were towards the US team. You'd think they were playing a B team friendly at Craven Cottage against Iceland or some ridiculous country. Granted, the US performance convinced them of what they already believed, but I expected a little more out of them. Cricket dominated the headlines; the only real story to come out of our game was JT scoring and pretending like it made up for his miss in Moscow.

6. Bone

Bone New Member

Euro 2008 predictions?

A
    Portugal
    Czech Rep.

B
    Germany
    Croatia

C
    Italy
    France

D
    Spain
    Sweden

7. Cam

Cam Uber Dad

Sven coaching Mexico should prove to be good entertainment in the coming months.

8. Bone

Bone New Member

Ya, I don't think that will last long.

9. Scott D

maybe Shinawara can buy Mexico and fire Sven again :D