1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Observations from the Texas State Fair

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by BermudaSooner, Oct 13, 2014.

1. BermudaSooner

BermudaSooner Well-Known Member

Saw 3 longhorn fans (evidenced by their baseball hats) wearing brand new TCU shirts. Really? If only I could get ahold of a UCLA, BYU, Baylor shirt....

Longhorn fans put ketchup on corny dogs. Now that is just wrong...wrong.

Was nice to be able to get some craft Texas beer at that beer garden--never been to that side of the stadium before.

Not sure if it is where I sit, but heard very little of the OU band, and plenty of the Texas band. What's up with that guys?

2. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Also saw A&M ****** nozzles wearing "Just for Today, 'Gig 'Em Loghorns' T-shirts. Is it possible that the CDC could move the Ebola outbreak to College Station?

3. BermudaSooner

That surprises me...why would A&M fans hate OU more than Texas?

4. PalmBeachSooner

PalmBeachSooner New Member

I've been to a few RRR games and I don't remember the post-game crowd being so bad. It was like neither teams' fans left. I'm talking nut-to-butt, elbow to elbow. Couldn't even get a sniff of Fletchers.

5. SoonerMachine

SoonerMachine Member

And our "cheerleaders" lead the crowd to "Boomer Sooner" all of 3 times... The second one not until the 4th quarter.

6. SoonerPride

SoonerPride Collector Emeritus

The fair is gross and dirty and covered in texans

7. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

But you repeat yourself.

8. BermudaSooner

I thought prior to the game it was a little better than previous years--I'm guessing due to the weather, but you are right, after the game was very crowded.

9. Aries

Aries Active Member

A guy walks into a bar with a parrot sitting on his shoulder. The bartender says, "Dude.... where did you GET that ugly looking thing?!" and the parrot says "Down in Texas, man... there's MILLIONS of them down there!!"

10. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That whole "Texas Pride" thing.....

11. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

TCWho?

12. #8soon

#8soon Member

The reason it was so crowded at the end.... no one left because the game was "in question" till the final play. If I'm reading the fan base's pulse correctly ..... Horns consider RRR a moral victory and Sooners almost consider it a loss due to the fact that the Horns anemic offense out scored us.

13. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Originally Posted by KantoSooner
    Also saw A&M ****** nozzles wearing "Just for Today, 'Gig 'Em Loghorns' T-shirts. Is it possible that the CDC could move the Ebola outbreak to College Station?
    aTm fans are now so sure of their dominance over the cows in recruiting that they don't fear any cows victories anymore?

14. TAFBSooner

TAFBSooner Well-Known Member

Before 11 Oct, A&M had only lost one game, and their fanbase was plotting how to get into the playoffs (silly aggies). For one thinkg, they needed us to lose. Their whole life is about hating teasips, so they're essentially whoring themselves for the playoffs.

Losing twice in a row is their just reward for that.

15. kbsooner21

kbsooner21 New Member

FIFY after this weekend :)

16. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I can live with sa*et fans calling a loss a good thing and Sooner fans upset because the margin of victory wasn't to OUr liking . . .

17. mainline13

mainline13 Member

Do you suppose those shirts were from 2005, when we all hated USC that much? I remember hearing that some Ags had shirts made with something like that on them.

18. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

First of all, nobody know wtf gig 'em means. I assume it means aggie the game away, which the whorns did very well. So gig 'em whorns.

19. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

now...I thought this was going to have pics of the hawt OU girls in boots and shorts....blah blah blah...

20. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

Funny you say this, I just had a current aggie student explain this to me.

It has to do with a game with TCU a long time ago. Hunting frogs is called gigging. So the cheer for that game was "Gig' the frogs" or Gig'em.

Isn't it cute how aggie base all their traditions on very specific opponents? Now their fight song, that focuses on beating texass, in based on a team they don't even play. Very sad.