1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBA Finals Matchup

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by SoonerSinger3, May 20, 2008.

1. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You're just mad because your whiny European never got a credit card ad. :D

[youtube]sLADax2Js2A[/youtube]

2. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Uhh yes he did. ;)

If Youtube wasn't blocked at work, I'd search for that particular ad.

Remember that ad where Nelly tries to learn German and starts barking out orders to Dirk in German, Dirk responds back with a phrase that Nelly's not familiar with, so he's fumbling through his translation guide trying to figure out what he says?

Good times.

I remember the end where Nelly tells Nash to 'hustle up out there, ya hoser!'

3. NormanPride

:D I forgot about that one. Good ad.

Spurs look tired, and the Lakers are too good a team to feel old against.

4. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Confession:

NP was giggling at his Japanese cartoons at the computer last night. I ninja-like muted the television to peek at the score. Finding that the Lakers were ahead and there were eight minutes left, I knew better than to leave the game on. The television was quickly reverted to The Colbert Report.

So, since neither NP nor I can answer this question, here is it for you sports fanatics: Why do we get so worked up over games, especially at the end? Why do we feel miserable after disappointing losses and why can't we sleep after exciting wins? Is it better to distract ourselves with C-list wrestling shows and political joke shows?

I am a lifelong Packer fan and I would be extremely elated after wins and sad after loses and all, but I never really got into games and their outcomes like a certain Spurs fan ;)

5. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Because it's the playoffs. ;)

Which means when your team has already reached this point, you've already invested too much emotionally to turn back now.

6. NormanPride

Yeah, don't think you got away with it, hon. :)

Who knows, maybe it's a guy thing. I never really got into it that much, but recently I've been unable to function and I have no idea why.

7. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/asJQOnXgpi0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/asJQOnXgpi0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]

8. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I tried at least. I thought you were pretty LOL'd at the computer, so I thought I could get away with it, and I knew I wouldn't be able to ask to use the compy to check the score :rolleyes:

Ok, back to bed...

9. ousoonerfan

ousoonerfan Active Member

Anyone watch ESPN last night? They showed one of the Finals games in 1987. Bird's shorts were just that, SHORT!!!

:eek:

10. Bone

Bone New Member

I think the Celtics can pull it out this year.

11. Bone

Bone New Member

ICK

12. OklahomaRed

OklahomaRed New Member

Go Celtics! That is all. :D

13. ousoonerfan

ousoonerfan Active Member

Celtics in 7. Home teams win.

14. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Anybody saying its over?