1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBA DRAFTWATCH, official thread

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by badger, Jun 26, 2008.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

The draft is 6 p.m. tonight (Oklahoma time) on ESPN.

Oklahoma Sooners unite behind Longar Longar's NBA dream! For the four pokies on the board, Marcus Dove is about the same shot at getting drafted as Longar.

For those of you just tuning in to these NBA discussions, you may be a Sonics fan and not know it yet. However, Stern is not going to do anything to jeopardize the trial outcome...

NewsOK: Stern to announce Sonics pick as "Seattle Supersonics."

Score one for the space needle. Ah well, we all know where they'll end up... in this year or the next ;) The Sonics have two first rounders (No.4 and 24) and four second rounders, the most pick of any team in the draft. That may change later today with expected trades.

For those of you who are holdover Hornets fans from the NOKC Hornets days, this day might be kind of a bore:

WWLT (Louisiana): Hornets going to trade pick for cash.

Now, if they had been in OKC and Nawlins, perhaps their attendance would have been high enough that they could afford to keep the pick, but as it stands, looks like Shinn needs to make up for lost revenue :rolleyes:

For those of you who are just fans of sports drafts, here are some resources for you:

ESPN: Heat's No. 2 pick up for grabs by at least three teams

ESPN's latest Mock Draft

Should be an eventful draft evening. Go.... teams and players related to Oklahoma :D

2. badger

SOMEbody apparently doesn't like the draft :rolleyes:

3. BillyBall

BillyBall Well-Known Member

We are going to have Derrick Rose on our team tonight. I am very excited.

4. badger

Are you a Bulls fan, or one of the teams in line to get the No. 2 pick from Miami?

5. BillyBall

Bulls fan. I'm a fan of all Chicago teams, which I realize is painful for you to imagine... ;)

6. soonermix

soonermix New Member

cubbies or chi sox

7. BillyBall

Cubs, but I don't have the White Sox hate that many Cubs fans do.

8. tommieharris91

tommieharris91 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I hear White Sox fans are kinda like what the aggys would be like if they won an MNC. Is that true?

9. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

:mad:

10. BillyBall

In truth, some White Sox fans do remind me of OSU fans in that they would rather see the Cubs fail than the White Sox succeed. Which reeks of Aggy.

Sorry Scott, I said SOME... :)

11. badger

I know that as a Brewers fan (closet fan), I should hate the Cubbies, but I am indifferent, much like the indifference that causes the Brewers to be year-in year-out cellar dwellars.

As a lifelong Packers fan, I am indeed a Bear hater, but I feel slightly sorry for you guys when that Jay columnist trashes Rex and Co. (especially Rex). Guys who obviously never excelled at sports in their lives find it easy to criticize those who do. Girls? They just smile and try not to get the guys worked up too much (unless your name is Jenni Carlson).

I am a Bucks fan and expect a good pick somewhere in the draft, whether it be round 1 or 2. We have had some good picks over the years (although trading Dirk for "Tractor" Traylor still hurts to this day) and I expect a good one tonight, regardless where we end up through the trading process.

I am also a Sonics fan tonight, because I am happy for the state of Oklahoma getting a pro sports team (we all know its inevitable), and because I know Wisconsin really never merited one on the merits of today's standards for pro sports. We got ours out of inheritance :D

12. All_Day_28

All_Day_28 New Member

13. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

another word is that the Clippers are trading the #7 + a first rounder next year for the #4 pick.

14. badger

Five minutes...

Bulls will be drafting Rose.
    Sonics may trade down to No. 7, or up to No. 2
    Bucks and NJ trade, NJ gets Chinese dude Yi Jianlian, Bucks get Jefferson

15. badger

Unofficial drinking game:

Big 12 Extreme Rules edition:

1. Every time a Big 12 player gets drafted, take a drink.
    2. Every time they mention Oklahoma City (I've heard it twice already in the predraft show!) take two drinks. If they try to be cute and extend it to O-K-C, take three.

These two rules alone will get you drunk by 7. However, for the sake of our Okie ties...

3. Take a longer, longer drink and finish your beer when Longar Longar gets drafted.

4. Take three drinks for Marcus Dove, one for each time a "football school" OU basketball team beat a "basketball school" OSU's basketball team this past season.

More TBA later :D

16. badger

Thank goodness - no Mayo for the Sonics.

1. Rose
    2. Beasley
    3. Mayo

First time three froshies taken in top three of the draft, apparently. Tune in now to hear STE-PHEN A. SMI-TH talk to O-J MAY-O.

17. badger

Russell Westbrook?! I quit. Effective immediately. Somebody else take over. :mad:

18. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

well, that's quite a surprise. he is almost 6'4 so he's bigger than i thought, and he's only a sophomore. they must have seen something they really liked in him. we lacked defenders last year and he's a lock down guy so maybe it's a good pick, just unexpected.

badger likes this.
  19. birddog

and the knicks delve deeper into the armpit of the league by drafting an italian.

20. birddog

ok, obviously not alot of interest amongst sooner fans.

what other needs do we need to fill besides point guard? i'll direct this at badger so all the other people don't jump in at once.:rolleyes: