1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My two new favorite words - Sequestor and Austerity

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by SoonerorLater, Mar 1, 2013.

1. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

I can't believe the way the White House is squealing like a stuck pig about some piddly little decrease in the increase of spending. If we can't find a way to deal with these pitiful little cuts then we are done economically for sure.

2. REDREX

REDREX New Member

We need more of both

3. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i hope congress is included in furloughs

4. okiewaker

okiewaker New Member

Only in gov can a smaller increase be considered a cut. Guess they had those dollars spoken for already,,,afterall it's their money,,,they just let us keep some.

5. SoonerorLater

What would laughable if it wasn't so pathetic is the Administration, the pundits and media whores of all stripes carrying on as if this is the end of civilization.......Attention all talking heads, quit trying to find a camera to whine into. We need to cut government to the bone. We need massive layoffs at every level. Federal, State and local. Cushy pensions and benefits cut. Government agencies eliminated. We can't carry these people on our backs any longer.

What we need is this sequestor X 10.

6. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I find it hilarious, or extremely sad that a small decrease in the increase of the budget is called a "cut". Now pushing the FEDGOV budget back to 1995 levels, that would be a cut, a good cut, one that we should be seeing...

7. diverdog

diverdog New Member

I agree. One of my friends will take a 20% salary hit. That is uncalled for with a budget cut of 2%. He has to take one day a week off without pay. The pain is not evenly spread. I think the Dems are letting this hit people who don't vote for them.

8. sooner_born_1960

sooner_born_1960 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What I find curious is that furloughs are even being considered, given the tiny cuts being mentioned.

9. diverdog

diverdog New Member

Yep. I pin this on Obama. He can stop it and he has had two chances to do it. I will agree my friends on the right he has shown poor leadership.

10. kevpks

kevpks New Member

Those would be great names for a WWE tag team duo.

11. REDREX

REDREX New Member

---He has shown NO leadership

12. diverdog

diverdog New Member

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  13. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Interesting when the shoe is on the other foot (especially when that shoe was designed for the other foot... ow my toes).

In the fiscal cliff, Republicans were forced to act to avoid a very large tax increase. So they did, letting expire the payroll tax cut and some increases in taxes on the wealthy.

In the sequester, Democrats were highly, highly motivated to act to avoid mandatory budget cuts... and what exactly did President Obama do?! Go golfing with Tiger Woods while on vacation.

This is failure Congress and Obama, but in this instance, the fault lies mostly with the failed leadership of President Obama and the Democratic Senate majority.

14. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I have never heard of that term. It seems like it would be wise to do a quick head count and see if there were any other options that increased your chances of surviving. Hey buddy, mind if we switch places?

15. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i've heard it a lot, but like most people, i didn't know what it really meant until pretty recently

kinda like penultimate

16. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Bully for you for calling it straight! The Repubs are also far from perfect, too stuck on a few non-essential ideas.

Even though this is more of a gradual change, I'm surprised the stock market hasn't gone haywire.

17. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I laughed when President Obama told the Press he isn't a Dictator who can get the Secret Service to keep Boehner from catching a Plane and other folks bitch about him taking plane rides.

They are all in need of Leading by example and maybe even just working for free. Kind of a put your money where your mouth is. Take 20% of everything you make and give it to a Cancer Research for Kids.

18. SoonerorLater

Let me see, President Obama signed off on the tax increases that had these cuts built in. He took out his pen and signed on the line. What's the issue then? Things are going exactly like they are supposed to. Then I see articles like this

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obama-says-sequester-crisis-just-195415155.html

Obama has got caught trying to weasel out of the tax increase deal that he signed. Now congress just needs to do one thing ....... nothing. Should be a breeze for those
    clowns.

19. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Not exactly what the POTUS said they ought to do but I guess we can go with your version if it's what's best for Merica.

Here's a 36 minute video of it....

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog

20. Tiptonsooner

Tiptonsooner Well-Known Member

I think you nailed it...