1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Murray V. Peterson

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by lasooner123, Nov 13, 2011.

1. lasooner123

lasooner123 New Member

Soooo...who is the better player. Peterson definitely is the more impressive specimen but demarcos production speaks for itself. Is his production more of a result of who he is playing with and that hes not the target of the defense or what?

2. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

I'd give DeMarco an edge with his pass catching ability.

I'd give AD an edge for his ability to break tackles and get Yards after Contact.

5-0

3. meoveryouxinfinity

meoveryouxinfinity New Member

Peterson is getting older, and we all know how short the life of an NFL RB is. So sad that it goes by so fast. Peterson also is on a much, much worse team. The Vikings are such a joke.

Demarco is fresh.

4. soonercastor

soonercastor New Member

Is this **** serious?

5. meoveryouxinfinity

Have you watched Murray recently? He is every bit as much of the beast that AD was his rookie year.

6. soonercastor

soonercastor New Member

yeah I have, he is helluva impressive. But it's not like AD isn't producing anymore and he has been doing for far longer than DM29.

7. meoveryouxinfinity

Exactly. But DM is fresh. And on a better team.

8. sooner59

sooner59 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

AD playing for Dallas right now with that passing attack would make AD look like and instant HOF RB, regardless of what he has done in Viking land.

9. rekamrettuB

rekamrettuB New Member

Both great players and reps of OU. Peterson is the better RB. Murray gives you more in the passing game. Dallas offense is light years ahead of Minny's. The couple years AD had a QB to take pressure off of him, the coach didn't run the ball enough and let Favre wing it too much.

10. sooner59

sooner59 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Jermaine Gresham just scored a TD.

11. freshchris05

freshchris05 New Member

Too many ****in Dallas fans. I love DM but AD is a freak and if he wasn't the only player on his team he would be putting up ridiculous numbers. But the Vikes suck. I wish he wouldn't have signed that new contract. I know he has a family and that contract makes him a wealthy man, but you know that guy just wants to win games.

12. Therealsouthsider

Therealsouthsider New Member

....Murray's played in 4 games, ask again in 4 years....it would be more appropriate at the end of the season to compare their rookie campaigns

ss

13. AlboSooner

AlboSooner New Member

This. Dallas is loaded on the offensive side. Vikings have nobody like Bryant, Witten and Romo.

14. cccasooner2

cccasooner2 New Member

124 yds rushing and counting.

15. the_edge

the_edge Where's the beer?

Murray doesn't have to come out on third downs. He can catch AND block. Just sayin'.

16. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

coming into this week...AD's career avg is 95.3 rush yards per game and 18.8 rec yards per game...

Murray so far in his career avg 67.4 rush yards per game and 8.5 rec yards per game....

Also coming into today's games on the season AD has 9 rushing tds and 1 rec td...

Murray has 1 rushing td and 0 rec td.

stats just this year alone (murray's stay the same) AD avg 99.4 rush yards per game and 15.6 rec yards per game...

Yep gonna stick with AD as being better.

17. sooneredaco

sooneredaco New Member

Why do they call him AD of his initials are AP?

18. Sooner_Tuf

Sooner_Tuf New Member

Cuz he drops his keys a lot.

19. lasooner123

lasooner123 New Member

his parents gave him that nickname bc he could run All Day