1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mmm...iPhone

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by SactoSooner, Jan 11, 2007.

1. SactoSooner

SactoSooner Well-Known Member

I saw it up close and personal today at the Macworld Expo, and sat through the hour-long demo. Holy cow...is this thing incredible!!! A combination of everything y'all ever wanted in one little gadget.

Here's my pics complete with the security guards keeping a close eye on the display...and some old guy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BoomerSooner247

BoomerSooner247 New Member

3. proud gonzo

proud gonzo SoonerFans.com Elite Member

that thing doesn't interest me at all.

4. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

no one asked you :p

how's it goin' Karin?

5. Viking Kitten

Viking Kitten SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I want one and will probably get one when our contract with Sprint expires later this year. Does Cingular suck as bad as everyone says it does though?

6. BeetDigger

BeetDigger SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I've always thought that AT&T was the best cell phone service. Cingular is chaning its name to AT&T by the way.

Also, I wonder if they are going to get to keep the iPhone name? Cisco has the name trademarked. If Cisco does not want to let Apple use the name, I think they have a pretty strong case to prevent them from using it. Apple has been Ciscopwn3d.

7. Viking Kitten

The could call it the telePod.

8. Fugue

Fugue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

portapod

Sooner_Bob likes this.
  9. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I've had Cingular/AT&T Wireless for about 6 or 7 years. The customer service can be a pain, but the phone service is as good as any. Rarely if ever drops a call.

10. Penguin

Penguin SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Isn't Cisco or somebody suing the hell out of Apple for stealing the name iphone?

11. Viking Kitten

Cool. Not that Sprint is awesome or anything, but we've used them for about 10 years, and well... better the devil you know than the devil you don't. This will make it worth the switch though. One gadget that does everything is exactly what I've been waiting for.

12. IB4OU2

IB4OU2 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Carefull, Czar may get jealous...;)

Sooner_Bob likes this.
  13. Viking Kitten

:D

No gadget could ever replace Czar.

14. SactoSooner

Everything is groovy! :D

15. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Actually we just bought Sprint Wireless cards for our laptops here at the office because the Cingular ones sucked. But the phones work good.

16. SactoSooner

Uh, yeh. :D What most impressed me was its user friendliness. It's easier to use than your typical cell or land phone/PDA/Blackberry, and works just like the internet on your home computer. It really is everything you ever wanted in one gadget, and the best of all of the technologies rolled into one. I was really amazed by this little thing.

17. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

18. Oldnslo

Oldnslo Radioman

What a beautiful set up.

I mean, this is perfect. Plus, there's pretty much nothing ol' Czar can do about it. Just wait for some oaf to crush this one into the cheap seats and post pictures of... any number of household appliances which may or may not be battery powered. Or require a kickstart.

Man...

If I hadn't just done a post sort of like this one calls for, I'd be all over it.

Carp.

19. BigRedJed

BigRedJed Mmm... ...ribs.

Oh, sweet! So I guess they added another 72GB of storage space to replace my 80GB iPod, gave it full Outlook compatibility and the ability to create and edit Word documents and Excel spreadsheets? That's quite a bit different than what was announced the other day. Sign me up!

20. KC//CRIMSON

KC//CRIMSON New Member

Gadget fight!