1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe there is a war on Christmas

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by kevpks, Dec 11, 2012.

1. kevpks

kevpks New Member

I'm usually skeptical when I here that phrase. To me, someone saying Happy Holidays or saying Winter Break instead of Christmas break are not a big deal. However, then I see lame articles like this one that try to shame Christians for celebrating their most holy day how they see fit.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/12/10/1311041/infographic-homelessness-christmas-decorations/

Articles like this are why I could never be a democrat no matter how frustrated I get with the GOP. First, the idea that you can end homelessness is idiotic. It's a complex social problem that requires more than money. Second, why are liberals so concerned about how individuals spend their money? Personally, I'd rather see the joy on my kid's face while hanging up lights than give money to some guy on the street. I give money to a goverment and church to help meet the homeless guy's needs. I won't be shamed into giving more because I want to celebrate a holiday that has deep significance to me.

2. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Agreed, and to me the MOST disgusting fact (about the dems/libs) is they spout off about "everyone has a right to believe, say, do what they want"..except if it something that offends them. Well, what about your (dems/libs) activities that offend ME...?...can't have it both ways. Just waiting for the ACLU to sue itself.

I call it CHRISTMAS, if you don't fine, but don't expect ME to change.

3. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i had no idea those pagan eyesores were so expensive

4. pphilfran

pphilfran SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Exhibit A

5. diverdog

diverdog New Member

It is just a graphic. I don't think they are suggesting giving up on buying Christmas ornents. I think you read too much into the article.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  6. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

7. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I dunno, "Happy Saturnalia to all and to all a 'Goodnight!'" just doesn't have the same ring to it. (Mind you, a massive three day public orgy would be one way to break up the winter doldrums that beats hell out of eggnog.)

Merry Christmas to ALL!

And a Happy Hanukka, a joyous Kwanza, Season's Greetings, Akema****e Omedetou Gozaimasu rainen mo yoroshiku ongegaishimasu, Peace Out.

Too good a time of year to waste on rancor.

Tip: If you don't have one in your household, find a little kid and spend some time with them. NOBODY enjoys Christmas more than little kids.

Chuck Bao likes this.
  8. kevpks

kevpks New Member

"We Could End Homelessness With The Money Americans Spend On Christmas Decorations" That is the headline. It's deliberately guilt tripping people who spend money on Christmas. Why bring Christmas into it? It is a lame tactic.

9. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

at least you have your priorities straight :)

Chuck Bao likes this.
  10. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

American guilt trips is what they do...it WORKS!

American culture is under assault on many fronts, especially Christianity, Capitalism and the Constitution. Judaism is attacked in a bit more clandestine fashion than Christianity.

11. kevpks

kevpks New Member

Yes: Work hard, take care of my family, enjoy spending time with my family and sharing Christmas with them. It's been working so far.

12. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

you left out "make retailers rich" perpetuate "continue sham of holiday"

all while not loving thy neighbor. WWJD?

13. pphilfran

pphilfran SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We could probably eliminate the homeless with the money Americans spend on iPhone apps...

14. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I prefer to ask, WWGD? (What Would Genghiz Do?)

Not quite as friendly as yours but it makes for a far more entertaining set of options.

15. kevpks

kevpks New Member

You forgot that you know nothing about me, how much money I spend or don't spend on Christmas, or that for a Christian, Christmas is not a "sham of a holiday" but a deeply significant spiritual event worthy of celebration, reflection, and prayer. Just continue your bigotry. It seems to be working for you.

16. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

happy Saturnalia to you to, sir

Chuck Bao likes this.
  17. Mississippi Sooner

Mississippi Sooner New Member

WWBD. Yeah, I always look at it from the Bacchus point of view.

18. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If we took that decoration money, and put it toward this idea of ending homelessness, how long would it last?

The idea that you could put a dollar amount on a way to end the problem of the homeless is one the more unbelievable stories I've seen lately.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  19. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ending homelessness would be good. I'm sick of stepping over that homeless guy every day when I come into work.

And the Christmas display on my McMansion rawks!

20. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i'd be happy if it just got rid of the bellringers.

imagine a world with no bellringers. now THAT would be a Merry Christmas