1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loadholt to OU

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by LSUdeek, Aug 3, 2006.

1. LSUdeek

LSUdeek New Member

http://dandydon.com/

hrm... :pop:

2. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Did he mean to say he wan't academically eligible at LSU coming out of high school but now he is academically eligible at OU after attending Junior College?

3. LSUdeek

LSUdeek New Member

4. Mjcpr

Does he have 2 years or 3 remaining?

5. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

And, we don't have a scholarship for him this semester, so he's going back to JUCO for a semester.

He'll be here this spring and will have two years to play two.

6. mrowl

mrowl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

when do Bomar and Quinns scholarships come off the books?

7. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

Immediately. But Loadholt would count as this year's class and we've already maxed out there.

A walk-on might snatch up one of those schollys.

8. LSUdeek

LSUdeek New Member

and yes, in case you were wondering, I think it sucks that he gets to play for a major college power... maybe the top program in college football history... whose admission standards are more lax than ours.

Especially given our offensive line questions.

9. mrowl

mrowl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

was it a grades thing? or he was missing one class that is required for LSU?

10. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

Probably an SEC/Big12 kind of thing like Lance Mitchell's situation.

11. Mjcpr

:rolleyes:

I understood your point from your first post, hopefully we all get it now.

12. He has to be the biggest recruit we've ever got since that Taylor? kid from Purcell that pussed out on us....

13. OUster

OUster New Member

Jimminy Criss-mas, this kid is GINORMOUS!

14. start8

start8 New Member

It's due to a SEC/Big 12 rule, not a LSU/OU rule.

The SEC requires 2 math courses to be completed and the Big 12 only requires 1. He only passed 1 math course, therefore he can't go to any SEC school.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  15. jdsooner

jdsooner New Member

He might be better than JD Quinn; too bad he can't play now.

16. Duke o Brewery

Duke o Brewery New Member

This whole admission standards issue is a bit interesting considering that OU has relatively high admission standards when compared to most D1 universities. Either Lsu has unusually strict admission standards, which I find incredibly difficult to believe after having encountered many of their students, or else there are some big loopholes in OU's entrance/transfer system.

Edit: I posted before I read start8's post on Big12 v. SEC transfer math requirements.

17. In an interview, this kid said that he was a basketball player in high school. My gosh!, can you imagine going up against this guy on the b-ball court?!?! Talk about a somewhat shorter Shaq reborn....