1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lindsey Lohan Sues E-Trade

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by Bourbon St Sooner, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This is certainly a testament to the American legal system as it exists today.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10698741/1/etrade-sued-for-100m-by-actress-lohan.html

2. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Wow...just wow. so this is the level she has fallen to now to keep her name in the papers. There is no way in hell she is going to win this. How could she actually think that advertisement in any way implicates her. The argument doesn't even make sense. eTrade of all companies has a vendetta against Lindsay Lohan. WTF? Or the fact that this commercial would bother her more than all of the actual bashing tabloids, the Soup, and other media outlets do on a frequent basis. Shouldn't she be suing them?

Talk about one of the biggest episodes of celebrity meltdowns in history. This is why you don't do drugs, kids.

3. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

now that i think about it, it's perfect :D

she probably was a milkaholic as a baby

yesterday i couldn't have told you what that baby's name was in that commercial. i'll remember now...

4. LosAngelesSooner

LosAngelesSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

She's an idiot.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  5. soonervegas

soonervegas New Member

Someone was given a fake number....

6. LosAngelesSooner

LosAngelesSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

To reiterate...she's an idiot.

7. soonerscuba

soonerscuba New Member

Even if e*trade said the character was based on her, wouldn't they be able to under the fact that she is a public figure?

8. Leroy Lizard

Leroy Lizard SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They would likely use the fact that that their use of her name was intended as social commentary and is protected free speech, much like Married with Children castigated Oprah time after time.

9. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

10. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

The thing that gets me is that time and time again celebrities who have already made 10 times a normal person's lifetime income somehow feel they're deserving of tens of millions more.

My guess is that Lohan sees that her earning power has diminished but her spending habits have not and she didn't adequately save for the inevitable fall. (For most celebrity status is fleeting.)

11. John Kochtoston

John Kochtoston CEO, Devastation, Inc.

I'd also argue truth as a defense to defamation. :D

12. Leroy Lizard

Defense: Ms. Lohan, are you a total skank? And need I remind you that you are under oath?

Lindsay: Well, uhhh...

sooner59 likes this.
  13. soonerinkaty

soonerinkaty New Member

she has big boobs

14. sooner59

sooner59 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The funny thing is she is basing this off of herself being so famous that she is only known by "Lindsey". Really? Listen skank, you're not Oprah, Cher, or Madonna. I saw that commercial 5 times before I heard of this and never once thought of Lindsey Lohan. Granted, I should have given the "milkaholic" thing, lol.

15. proud gonzo

proud gonzo SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Does she realize there are 40,000 other Lindseys in the country? what a tard.

16. Crucifax Autumn

Crucifax Autumn SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Oh, they were referring to her allright, but her suit is stupid. She's a public figure (I have no idea why) and she's subject to satire and there's not a damned thing she can do about it.

17. Leroy Lizard

Famous for being famous.

18. MrJimBeam

MrJimBeam New Member

Lindsey Lohan should sue herself.

19. sooner n houston

sooner n houston New Member

For being too stupid to breath! :D

20. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

She had big ones. Then she became an anorexic and lost them. I think what she has now are not real. It's such a shame to throw God's creation away.