1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's be serious Leinart is...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Soonerus, Jan 7, 2006.

1. SCOUT

SCOUT SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hybl can be criticized for a lot of things, but I don't think taking a hit is one of them. 90% of D1 QB's would have quit at mid-season. He didn't and managed to win the Rose Bowl MVP.

More to your point, Leinert can take some hits but appears to be reluctant to run, or hold on to the ball, afterwards. If he is drafted high he will be on a crappy team and this propensity could really cause trouble.

2. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i don't know how Hybl got up sometimes

he was a tough SOB

3. Jimminy Crimson

Jimminy Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

mmm, super onion burger! :p

4. MojoRisen

MojoRisen New Member

***I was more reffering to Hyble getting shaky in the knees baaaddd.. certainly not his toughness.. or willingness better yet. "But got knocked out"

Yeah - Lienart to me and too your point doesn't like getting hit period"not that he can't take one". That is what I am saying he is going to get killed in the NFL-

How much better do you think he is than the Miami Quarterback that came out in 2003- Dorsey - that guy is getting killed at San Fran... and if lienhart is subject to that--- he will be terrible and may not last- THUS HE WAS AFRAID OF THE NFL last year obvoiusly and didn't want to go to SAN Fran probably because he was watching more west coast games at the time...

5. sas

sas New Member

Dorsey wasn't a high draft pick because people knew he didn't have the build for the NFL.

Matt has been projected as a top pick because he does have the build and tools.

Matt may not succeed, but he'd different than Dorsey.

BillyBall likes this.
  6. I think Lineart=Carson Palmer if he gets on a team that has a decent OL and WRs.....he hasn't had to deal with adversity yet, we'll see how he handles it at the next ;evel...

7. MojoRisen

MojoRisen New Member

Not Dorsey- Alex Smith....

Carson Palmer got three years to develop---- He may still not be totally better/experienced than Kitna- but he played great this year and got 118 M.

Do you think Lienart will get 3 years to develop?? and I know you think I am pulling this out of my arse- but I am telling you I watch a lot of SC games this year and the ones that were close are when lienart is off and he got hit a little.. he just doesn't take it well- (acts like he is knocked out a little)

That is all I am sayin....

8. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

he did have a concussion at some point

9. Texas Golfer

Texas Golfer SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Marcus not only won't play a part in the top three, he won't go in the first round.

10. OklahomaTrombone

OklahomaTrombone SoonerFans.com Elite Member

3 years to develop with the Bengals?

You mean the one year he was on the bench and then this year and last year that he's been playing?

sas likes this.
  11. sas

sas New Member

please don't confuse the conversation with facts.

12. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

For God's sake, it's H-Y-B-L. It's really not that difficult.

13. sas

sas New Member

when Onyengona*&)&^% joined the team everyone just gave up trying.

14. fadada1

fadada1 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

if I had a decent OL and WR corps I could be a good nfl QB. fact is, leinart may not get one... and he'll get clobbered. look how good peyton mannin gis, troy aikman, favre, montana. they all had/have a good OL.

15. sas

sas New Member

BS.

If any of us had a shot at being an NFL QB we wouldn't be posting on sundays.

16. fadada1

exactly!!! i have a crappy OL - couldn't make the playoffs;)

but i throw a real pretty spiral:D

17. sas

sas New Member

you are weak in the flats.

they'd pick you and take it to the house every time.

18. fadada1

so is crissy simms. ask rocky calmus.

sas likes this.
  19. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

OK, I admit, I could care less about Leinart and his poor decisions...this is/has been psychological warfare aimed at Vince Young....