1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KU at OU

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Soonerjeepman, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

I'm glad they rushed the court. This was a HUGE win and definitely the best in the Kruger era. The student section has been pretty good this year and was great on Saturday. Let them have fun. It will only lead to them telling their friends and more students showing up. With a large and rowdy student section comes excitement and the "regular" season ticket holders will start showing up again.

2. NMSooner'80

NMSooner'80 Member

The KU network was like that even back when I was a student (Years 2-5 of the LNC). You couldn't get OU games on AM radio at night, away from Norman, except on other teams' networks. So you were stuck with their incessant homering about how they basically represented truth, justice and the American way...."

I also remember the one time I went to a game up there. Even though OU won the regular season title and then the tournament, we did lose up there. OU forward (and current Portland Trailblazers' coach Terry Stotts) fouled KU golden boy Darnell Valentine rather hard on a breakaway. If it'd been Valentine fouling (as if....) Stotts like that, the KU network would have called it a good basketball move. But they acted like it was premeditated murder on the radio, and they wouldn't let it go, even after the Beakers won.

Saw on another board that Max Falkenstein made a huge deal out of what happened in Larry in '84 when OU won the Big 8 title with an overtime win. One thing they went bonkers over was how OU cut down the nets, and the KU propaganda machine acted like they'd never seen such a thing. But that was selective memory. When KU won a shocker in Norman in '83 (Big 8 tourney first-rounders were played on campus), they cut down the nets for outgoing coach Ted Owens. But when asked about it, Falkenstein allegedly denied it happened because "KU doesn't do things like that...."

3. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I don't mind that they rushed. The little p!ssies of Jayhawkland definitely minded on their internet forums.

I mean, look at the images. This was a special win:
    http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/021013aac.html

And there's videos too, here's one:
    [youtube]ljhewfgwCQM[/youtube]

And the postgame:
    So, boo hoo hawkies.