1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kenny Rogers is out of Control....

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by colleyvillesooner, Jun 29, 2005.

1. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

First he punches the water cooler and breaks a bone in his non pitching hand. Yesterday, he pulls a picture of the wall and breaks it. Today, before the game, he has apparently pushed a camerman, who fell into a reporter, then later grabbed a camera and threw it on the ground. All of this happened ON THE FIELD. Story is developing. I'll post a link when I find it.

2. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

3. AllAboutThe'O'

AllAboutThe'O' SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't care if he's a Ranger or not, or how good a pitcher he is, he's a big jerk and a bully and I'm not ashamed to say it. The jerk has some anger management issues and the more help he gets as soon as possible, the better off he'll be.
    This isn't the first time he's pulled off these kind of shenanigans. I remember about 10 years or so ago he pushed a Star-Telegram reporter out of the clubhouse while Kevin Brown was being interviewed (how ironic is that?).
    I don't mind people being competitive but there's a fine line between staying in control and staying out of control. I jumped all over Randy Johnson's case when he shoved the cameraman following his trade to New York earlier this year, so I'm definitely not applying a double standard here.
    But I have lost a ton of respect for Kenny Rogers now, and while I hope he can recover and help us try to get to the playoffs, as far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't mind if he never won another game for us.
    Buck Showalter, Tom Hicks and John Hart would also gain more of my respect if they slapped Rogers with a hefty fine and a sizable suspension. You just don't do that to people trying to do a job.
    P*** on Kenny Rogers. In this case, a simple apology isn't good enough.

4. BeetDigger

BeetDigger SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well, he is the gambler you know.

5. tulsaoilerfan

tulsaoilerfan Ready for Baseball Season

He's just blowing off some steam; cut him some slack. :D

6. AllAboutThe'O'

7. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He can kiss that extension goodbye.

F***ing prick.

8. AllAboutThe'O'

I finally caught the video of the confrontations on the FSN Southwest Sports Report.
    If only he had shoved freakin' Ric Renner instead of those cameramen. :mad: He would still have been OK in my book.

9. GrapevineSooner

It's uploaded. Apologies for the sucky audio.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2005
  10. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That was some funny funny stuff imo.

11. TopDawg

TopDawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Looks like Kenny doesn't know when to walk away and the photographers don't know when to run.

12. GrapevineSooner

13. GrapevineSooner

Selig Sayeth Kenny Rogers suspended 20 games and fined $50,000.

14. BeetDigger

BeetDigger SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And must bend over while camerman tries to cornhole him with his camera.

15. OUthunder

OUthunder Angry Bird

You can only do that if you're a superstar and he ain't no superstar.

What a punk.

16. AllAboutThe'O'

20 games is pretty stiff, but I was wishing that Selig had the onions to suspend him for the remainder of the season.

17. OklahomaTrombone

OklahomaTrombone SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Twenty games is four starts.

18. AllAboutThe'O'

Apparently he's scheduled to start Sunday's game at Seattle as he appeals his suspension.
    I just won't watch then. Or listen to it on the radio.
    In fact, fellow Ranger fans, let's boycott Sunday's game as a show of solidarity.

19. GrapevineSooner

Can I just boo him from my living room?

20. AllAboutThe'O'

I'm sure that's a suitable option. But are you hoping he gets hammered? ;)