1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justified

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by Bishop3000, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

The interaction between Raylen Givens and Boyd Crowder is some of the best written dialogue and acting on television today. Anytime they have scenes together it's just magic.

2. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So the real question is...

Eva

or

Winona?

3. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I just watched Episode 1 of The Wire last night. So far, I would rate Justified WAY above the Wire.(SO much of the dialogue in The Wire's first episode was hard to understand and decipher, since it was hoodspeak)

4. achiro

achiro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I like both shows but never really got the comparison.

5. Lott's Bandana

Keep going. You get 5 seasons, each from a different group perspective as the story continues, all core characters that reoccur each season. One season is the hood/cops, one is City Hall, one is the print media, etc. Pretty dayum brilliant.

You will eventually find it intriguing and a bit amazing that Baltimore was fully supportive of the show. At least, that is my understanding.

6. GDC

GDC New Member

Justified is a great show, but The Wire is in a class by itself.

7. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

I've now watched 8 of the 13 episodes in Season 1 of the Wire. I like it better than i did starting out, but with all the hoodspeak, it is a bit difficult to follow some of the dialogue. So far, I would rate Justified much higher than Wire. Of course, they are so different it's a difficult comparison.

8. Lott's Bandana

Fair enough. Obviously most of us have watched The Wire first, so that might make a difference in perception. Keep charging...one of the great things about The Wire, from a photographer's standpoint, is the excellent cinema/videography. The outside scenes are done in a way that the hood sometimes looks like a painting. Adds to the Shakespearian effect of the story.

9. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

I finished Season 1. I liked it a lot better as it went on, but had troubles from time to time deciphering what was said, with all the inner city slang.

Are all 5 seasons the same group of cops?

10. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

all-time faves:

OU Football
    Breaking Bad
    Deadwood
    Justified
    Malcolm in the Middle
    Seinfeld
    The Riches
    MASH, first 2 or 3 seasons

11. Lott's Bandana

for the most part. The stevedore season introduces some ports authority type officers, as well as the rest of the ones you have become familiar with.

12. Lott's Bandana

Kind of surprised no Sopranos?

13. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

thnx re the Wire info. I must not warm up well to the mob or something. I watched the Sopranos a couple of times, and it didn't inspire me to stay with it.:sour::cold::apologetic::apathy::uncomfortableness:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  14. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Season 6, 2015

Well, this is the last season, announced. The season is roughly half over, and it's down to Sam Elliott vs the Boyd Crowder small gang, for Elliott's money in the vault in the pizzeria. Both vs Raylan and the US Marshall's office.

Boyd is still planning to come into the vault via the old mine shaft, it seems. I'm feeling more certain that we won't see Wendy Crowe again this year. Pity! Just a few more episodes to go.

15. dwarthog

dwarthog Well-Known Member

Hate to see the show end, it's been entertaining.

Raylan certainly closed the door on his families past and is looking to close it out with Boyd as well.

Boyd should walk with that 100k, but that pile of money in the vault is taunting him.

16. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Yeah, Arlan Givens was a mess, and it seems like it's good that Raylan is dealing with his past the way he is. Which of the bad guys will die before the show ends? Which of the good guys? I would like to see Ava live, and Art. and Raylan.

17. dwarthog

dwarthog Well-Known Member

Raylan, his ex wife/soon to be wife, Ava, Art should make it.

Hate to see Boyd get it, damn he's been entertaining, but he's come back from the dead once already.

Wynn Duffy? He's got that cockroach quality. I'm betting he escapes somehow.

Sam and Mary, their characters look to be on a collision course.

I figure someone in the marshal service is going to get it, Tim maybe? Rachel perhaps?

18. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

The last few episodes figure to be explosive!

19. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

A little part of me hopes Boyd Crowder walks away.

5-0

20. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Understandable, but you prolly don't want him to move to YOUR city.