1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am scared of Okies

Discussion in 'Smack Central' started by DuckTruck, Dec 20, 2005.

1. PDXsooner

PDXsooner Formerly OregonSooner

you must be from east county - it's white trash, stop trying to put lipstick on a pig.

2. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Oklahoma has one of the most varied landscapes in the Union. That is fact. I think that our variety is prettier than Oregon's mountains. Mountains aren't the only thing that's worth looking at on this Earth.

Good try, though.

3. Big Red Ron

Big Red Ron SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Besides there are better mountains in Colorado, Nevada, California, Utah, Montana, Washington, New Mexico, I could go on.

4. PDXsooner

you must not know much about oregon's mountains. it's ok, i'm sure you know some other stuff.

5. PDXsooner

yep. you win. i'm sure people in kansas say the same thing. look, you're proud of your home state -- good for you. move along now...

6. silverwheels

Wow, you know nothing about geography. That effectively ends my participation in this thread. Study up a little and get back to me.

7. Big Red Ron

Have you been to Kansas? Flat doesn't even describe it.

Oregon is a nice place, been there. Not in my top 10 but nice state.

8. Big Red Ron

Actually, I've skiied every one of those states and a few countries. Again,
    Oregon is a nice place but not God's gift to culture or skiing.

9. josh09

josh09 New Member

my top 3 most beautiful states:

1.oklahoma
    2.hawaii
    3.colorado

oregon is like number....50

10. josh09

josh09 New Member

my sister went up there to visit her boyfriends family. she said it was a hell hole with nothing to do. she said it was extremely boring.

11. josh09

josh09 New Member

im not saying that, my sis is, so dont be hatin me all you oregon people.

12. PDXsooner

josh - your posts indicate that you're either a complete faggot or maybe just special ed. please quit, seriously, quit now...

13. Quack 10

Quack 10 New Member

Actually no. I lived on Council Crest for most of my years in P-town. Clearly, you don't know the area well.

14. PDXsooner

17-14

15. Quack 10

Quack 10 New Member

Good comeback! That's fair enough, but remember what they say about paybacks.

16. Quack 10

Quack 10 New Member

I'm not sure I'd make a statement like that, and then accuse someone else of not knowing geography.

Ever heard of the Pacific Ocean? Where is Oklahoma's coast line?

Oregon is the 10th largest state in the Union, and has vastly more variety than Oklahoma ... it's not even close. That's not to say that Oklahoma isn't beautiful, just that your knowledge of US geography is excruciatingly poor.

17. PDXsooner

here's what i say about paybacks -- they're even worse when you're expecting to give one, and then get beat even worse than before.

you'll experience that in eugene next year.

18. silverwheels

Once again, someone from Oregon is citing one specific thing (mountains or the ocean) to make the point that it's more beautiful than Oklahoma. Just because Oregon is bigger than Oklahoma, that doesn't mean it has more variety, and I can guarantee you it doesn't. Pick up a geography book before you say my knowledge is "excruciatingly poor."

19. Quack 10

Quack 10 New Member

First of all "mountains or the ocean" is two things.

Second, other than the silly smack "hell hole" remark, I didn't say Oregon was "more beautiful." I said that it is definitely more varied. Oregon has coastline, and it has elevations approaching 12,000 feet, far above timberline. It has estuaries and it has glaciers. It has limestone caves and lava tubes. It has desert mesas and rainforest. It has huge sanddunes and 600-foot waterfalls. It has two of the deepest gorges on the continent, and dry alkaline lake beds.

Yes, Oklahoma is a vacation hot spot and a scenic and cultural wonder, but there is simply no way that it possesses the varied topography of Oregon, or the Pacific coast in general.

20. silverwheels

Actually, Oklahoma has the second-highest number of distinct ecoregions, 10, in the country, behind only Texas.