1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can we STOP ABORTIONS?

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!, Jan 23, 2013.

1. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

:friendly_wink:

2. olevetonahill

Remember the night years back when I tested the 1st batch of OVJ( I dont much either) In my durnkest point I dont think I mumbled anything that ****in stupid.

3. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

Vet to English translation:

"Even my drunky *** has never been so ****-faced that I've said anything that stupid."

LOL, and I've been on the receiving end of a couple pretty good durnky calls. :very_drunk:

4. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

And have you ever...EVAR... heard Howie say he'd give CPR to the dog to save his purgnant wife ZA???

5. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Why do we need 24 pages to debate just how murderous abortion is? You're extinguishing a beating heart. Whats to debate? Womens rights? Why do we put them in jail when they drive their two year old into the local pond? It's their kid right?

It's a basic respect for life. To try and justify it is ignorant and heartless on the part of an observer and the height of selfishness for the woman and sometimes man involved. IMO of course.

6. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Blue, because when you challenge abortion supporters based on facts it really rocks them out of their comfort zone which is a place that they have convinced themselves of the virtue of abortion while ignoring what the act really does. As any person would do in that situation they try to get back into their comfort zone by rehashing the same platitudes that allowed them to not admit to themselves what abortion really is.

The fig leafs they hide behind:
    Reproductive freedom argument
    The "it's not life" argument AKA the fetus has no value argument.
    The "nobody will take care of these kids" argument....AKA the economic argument
    It's the woman's body so it's her decision only argument.

Have I left out any?

Blue likes this.
  7. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

You have yet to objectively refute any of those arguments. You know... like "it's a life because I say it is." Circular BS like that...

(also, scoreboard)

8. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Edit: I'm not doing this as a contest of wits. It is principle I hold very dear.

Unique DNA. Beating heart at 6 to 7 weeks. Brain neural activity by 10 weeks......I can see why you're confused about whether it's life or not.

I think future societies will look back at our society and be amazed that we had such little regard for human life.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  9. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

you have more faith in humanity than i do...

10. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

I thought we had a pretty good discussion about it hitting on most of these points. You dont have to generalize it like that. I may not agree with your stance to the extent you do, nor do I go to the extremes of Mid. But I think We came to a good "disunderstanding" in with respect to our different beliefs.

11. Skysooner

Skysooner Well-Known Member

Abortion is really what? I am all for it. Screw all the "life at conception" arguments. It is not my first choice. I prefer adoption, but it isn't always feasible mentally for many. You guys love protecting unborn cells and don't want to help stop harm to the truly living.

12. Blue

Ive got a buddy who's adopting from a country in Asia somewhere. Bhutan maybe(Next to Tibet)? Anyways it costs about 40,000. You want to chip in? We are raising money for it...let me know. 20 bucks would be appreciated. I'll even send you a letter. We are fixing up a widows house in order to raise money for this kid. Let me know.

13. okie52

okie52 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

A bit surprising from you.

14. OU68

OU68 New Member

Yeah, what the hell, if you don't want it, kill it - who cares, right? You people make me want to vomit.

15. diverdog

diverdog New Member

How about we start adopting kids at home?

http://www.dhr.alabama.gov/services/Adoption/intro_adoption.aspx

16. olevetonahill

17. Blue

18. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

I dont know why this is directed at me?

19. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Drama much?

20. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

Those may be facts and states of being, but they don't objectively mean a life, which is worthy enough of protection that we would use government power to restrain her reproductive choices. You state that you are approaching this argument armed with facts when clearly, the most important part of your argument is just your opinion.