1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotel for the OU-ut game

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by mikeb, Sep 17, 2007.

1. mikeb

mikeb New Member

This will be my first year attending the RRR. So can you guys tell me some of the best hotels to stay at. Thanks in advance.

2. boomersooner28

boomersooner28 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Staying at the Doubletree. In know some others on here are also, but not sure who. You better hurry on making reservations wherever you plan to stay, because they will be gone quickly.

3. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I ended up giving away my reservation at the Doubletree. Reserved it a year in advance for $99 a night.

4. mikeb

mikeb New Member

Is the Doubletree close to the stadium?

5. GottaHavePride

GottaHavePride Brewmaster

Stay at Howzit's. ;)

6. mdklatt

mdklatt SoonerFans.com Elite Member

7. mikeb

mikeb New Member

Do they have a website? I can not find one.

8. TexasLidig8r

TexasLidig8r SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Depends on how much you want to spend and the atmosphere you want to be in.

9. Taxman71

Taxman71 New Member

NOTHING is close to the stadium...everyone has to drive (or take a bus, the DART, taxi, etc.) to the game. Plus, you wouldn't want to stay nearby at night. For big $$, you might still get a room Downtown. Plenty of hotels along 635 (LBJ), Central Expressway, Irving, etc....just take your pick based on where you want to be on Friday night b/c you will drive Saturday morning.

I found a bargain at the Radisson ($100) in Richardson...which is only a few miles north of LBJ..maybe 10 miles north of Downtown or so. I also like the Holiday Inn Express and Amerisuites on Central Expressway.

I have spent big bucks to stay downtown before, but it is a waste unless you plan to hangout in the lobby bar since you will be out and about the entire weekend...esp. when you can spend that extra cash on beer at teh fair.

10. mikeb

mikeb New Member

I want to be around allot of SOONER fans and drink several beers on Friday night.

11. Mongo

Mongo SoonerFans.com Elite Member

At Howzit's, you can have an intimate setting with one sooner fan and a couple of glasses of merlot.

Howzit likes this.
  12. Norman Sooner

Norman Sooner New Member

Im staying around 2 miles from West End..Quality Inn i think..We got it at $99 a night, but that may have been a month ago. You can try there though..

13. Howzit

Howzit Junice Groupie

Yay! Mrs Mongo's dropping by! Again!

Mongo likes this.
  14. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'll be in Howzit's attic.

Anne Frank style.

15. Mongo

I think she brought home one of your neck ties

16. Mongo

I just checked, it wasn't your tie, but she does have a butt plug with "howzit's favorite stunt ****" written on it

17. TexasLidig8r

TexasLidig8r SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Isn't the Hilton Lincoln Centre (Tollway and LBJ) kind of the unofficial Hillbilly Hotel HQ for the weekend?

then again, if you want to be around a bunch of Sooner fans... any old 7-11 will do just dandy! :D ;)

18. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think SoonerGirl06 has an open invitation to all members of Soonerfans to stay at her house. I believe she has hired a shuttle bus, and will have bloody marys and omelettes available for all her guests.

SoonerGirl06 likes this.
  19. mikeb

mikeb New Member

That sounds great! Everything else is booked.

20. Taxman71

Taxman71 New Member