1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harsin to take over at Arkie State

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Widescreen, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

2. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

Arkie State couldn't find anyone better? Harsin hasn't done anything at tu to warrant a head coaching job ANYWHERE!!!

3. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

I think the problems at Texas are systemic-- a product both of Mack's style and the laid back atmosphere in Austin. Harsin and Diaz aren't incompetent. They're just working with players that are stuck deep in that culture down there.

4. Seamus

Seamus New Member

**** them all.

-- Me

5. prrriiide

prrriiide New Member

Lucky thing for Slack...Radio needs a job. Maybe he can reprise his role as the Great texass Savior.

6. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

nah, he'll put major in charge. then the former OU and former whorn QBs can compete to see who can call the most pass plays :p

7. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

badger is probably right ... the talk this morning on sports radio in Austin was Applewhite taking control of the offense ... he has been "co" coordinator anyway. Really doesn;t matter ... Macks still there and I think it's fairly safe to say that the offense is his.

8. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Peeked in on shaggybevo to see the reaction. They were generally tepid on Harsin, but are bummed at his leaving as they fear it gives Mack more time to rebuild again (re-rebuild?).

9. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

What in the hell are they building there? Sand castles? Because that is the ONLY team they've been consistently beating lately --- SAND aggie!

(seriously, look it up -- they even beat Tech during the 5-7 season!)

So once again, who gives a flying **** if you have to rebuild. You were building CRAP!

Also, shaggy was the ones (if I'm not mistaken) that started the rumors that Harsin was a Scientologist when he first arrived in Austin. That dick drawer even did this:
    [​IMG]

i can't believe i just spent a few minutes finding that :mad:

10. budbarrybob

budbarrybob New Member

If it will cause angst and brooding in Austin, who am I to say it's not a good thing.

11. kevpks

kevpks New Member

Maybe his Mickey Mouse offense will work in the Sun Belt better than it did in the Big XII. Florida Atlantic will have trouble stopping all of those double reverses.

12. ddub0224

ddub0224 Active Member

At least it was Harsin and not Mack!!!

13. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

Manny Diaz, your car is running out front. Strangely, your stuff is all in it, too.

14. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

he REALLY must have wanted to leave

or is Arkansas St. a better job than i think it is?

15. TFSooner

TFSooner New Member

I can't believe that he wasn't "encouraged" to take this job, because to me it is a step down. From UT OC to head coach at Arkie State is not a step up. His salary at UT was probably more than the HC at ASU. Anyone have any facts to support that?

16. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i was wondering how much of a raise it could be

17. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

He's been rumored to be a possible HC at Florida International. That rumor brought a great line from a Horn fan the other day on sports talk radio .... something like Diaz and FIU? I've been telling him that all season ... just forgot the "I"

18. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

FWIW, the last 2 coaches at Arky St. were HC's there for 1 year each before landing HC jobs in the SEC (although to be fair, Malzahn was the OC at Auburn previously) Doesn't seem like too bad of a stepping stone job lately.

19. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I bet neither of those other two are/were known for running gimmick offenses. Imagine what the Arkie St. offense will look like next season with Harsin calling the shots (we saw how effective the whorns were when he was turned loose to run their offense). Can he be successful turning them into Boise State? That would seem to be the key to the job being a stepping stone, that he demonstrates some measure of competence at the head coach level.

20. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I'm with whoever (above) wanted to know what Harsin did to warrant being a head coach anywhere?!

Looks like Mack is going to stick with the whole co-offensive coordinator thing. I'm not sure how co-coordinators work, but it doesn't seem too foreign, in the Big XII anyway.