1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gun Control: Is it counterproductive?

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by OU_Sooners75, Dec 16, 2012.

1. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Or Come on down to the shack , Go out to Deans or many other Posters places. I'd venture a Guess that Most all of us would spend some time helping you become Familiar and proficient with a weapon

TitoMorelli likes this.
  2. TitoMorelli

TitoMorelli New Member

Thanks. If it wasn't out there in the middle of "Squeal like a pig!" country, we might take you up on your offer. :)

3. olevetonahill

Heh, Where better to learn? If ya can fight these rednecked arseholes off yer Golden

4. OU68

OU68 New Member

Honest question - why the "you're a dumbass" response to my post about believing CC holders should have more training?

5. olevetonahill

Need to see the entire Post again, Where was it?

Anyone can use extra training or experience So I dont think I was responding to JUST that portion of yer post

6. OU68

OU68 New Member

Originally Posted by OU68
    You hit on one of my pet peeves - the CC classes are a joke IMO. The only way an instructor can fail someone is if they show up drunk or shoot someone during the class. I think you should have to demonstrate a level of safety/proficiency before you are allowed to apply for a license. JMO

7. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

8. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

Does that mean that I should not capitalize "Obama"?
    Or, is he the Left's GOD?

I would bet you my life that the FOUNDERS wanted every American to feel good, about themselves, and about the country...100% of the time.
    That's why they wrote the Constitution!

9. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

Wow! Kinda reminds me of our public scrool system!
    Or, the past election. Even obvious failure didn't stop the Left's lemmings.
    :stupid:

10. olevetonahill

How are the Classes a "JOKE" the attendees are getting SOME training , right?

Yore statement of HAVING to Prove you are competent to get a license Has alreday been addressed in thw Application for one.
    Hence My Yer a Dumbass statement
    Ya see I Volunteered to Help folk over come any fears they may have, I didnt say they HADS to do it

11. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I thought the capital "F" was because of the writers of the Constitution...dang..all this time I've been wrong!

12. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

But, this argument reminds me that many on the board are all to willing to diss another's opinion when it doesn't agree with theirs, and call names.

Is believing in a Dooms Day scenerio any different than believing that it is GOOD (extra "o") to kill our babies?
    55 million sine Roe v. Wade! Think about all those extra taxpayers, scientists, and doctors that ARE NOT!

BTW...the dinosaurs didn't believe in Dooms Day either!

13. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

If the Founders had been mathematicians....200 years later they would still be calculating in order to set up a Constitution that would assure even a 99% chance that it would last 200 years!
    And, thank GOD they weren't pure politicians as we have today!
    They would have shot each other (duels to settle differences).
    They were GODly men! And, probably more intelligent that the genious' of today.

14. kevpks

kevpks New Member

A T-Rex couldn't hold a gun with those tiny arms. The 2nd amendment wouldn't have done him any good to fight back against doomsday.

15. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't know that a pistol is going to do the dinosaurs much good against a comet. Now if they would have had Bruce Willis to go up there and blow the thing to smithereens, then Jesus really would have had a Dino as a pet.

16. OU68

OU68 New Member

OK, I understand where you're coming from. Again, just my opinion - don't see any restrictions (other than the criminal background, crazy, etc.) to buy a gun, but still think just being able to write a check for $60 and knowing which is the business end isn't enough to warrant carrying.

17. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

And the Stossel video from another thread...

[YOUTUBE]x2YC5cVxTcQ&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

18. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Have you even taken the class?

To obtain a conceal carry may not be hard if you have no felonies or violent misdemeanors. But they provide safety training and gun range time.

To say they just pass everyone unless you kill someone is absurd on your psart.

And even then after you complete your course, you still have to have your background ran by the OSBI, go to your local sherrifs office (where they do a much thorough background check) take photoes, fingerprints, etc.

By the time you get your permit to legally conceal carry it could be as long as 90 days after going to the Sheriffs department after you have taken the course.

The course is very similar to a hunter safety course, but a little more thorough, along with range time.

So until you go through the process maybe you should shut up about how easy the course is.

When my brother got his, there were three people that failed course. And neither shot anyone or themselves. They failed because they didn't pay much attention to the actual teachings of the course.

But anyway:

http://oklahomaconcealedcarry.com/site/mobile?url=http://oklahomaconcealedcarry.com/FAQ.php#2662

19. kevpks

kevpks New Member

Lost and found? What a dumbass. I'm glad they revoked his permit. This is an example of effective gun control that didn't even need a new law. Guys like him are why I would never favor handguns without permits.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/20/boys-make-the-right-move-with-loaded-gun-in-theater/?hpt=hp_t3