1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Every time I watch ESPiN,

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by IronHorseSooner, Nov 13, 2011.

1. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

I feel a little dumber. The only one on there who makes any sense is Robert Smith (and, BTW, he's the most educated). I could have mistaken that show for an OU Bashfest. Broyles and Whaley injury this, Tech loss is too bad that. I may be mistaken, but didn't we beat K State and A&M w/o Dom? Wasn't it our defense that dominated those games and set up our offense? Didn't OSU struggle against both of those teams? If we beat OSU without Broyles, isn't that pretty darn impressive?

Now, I do have to say this. Even though I like him, and he is my sig, remember that Rece Davis is a 'BAMA GRAD!!! Of course he will think that us getting in would be preposterous! Craig James's weasel son is on that Tech team, of course he will take anyone but us. Herbie is always in love with the team that he last saw play. I have had about as much stats education and experience as Brad Edwards, and he should be smart enough to know that OU's computer and human poll numbers will skyrocket in the next few weeks while 'Bama will stagnate. Why? BECAUSE WE WOULD BE THE CHAMPS OF THE BCS #1-RATED CONFERENCE IN THE COUNTRY!

Jeez, people are either real freaking stupid (Edwards), misinformed (Herbie), or just outright have an agenda (Davis and James). Over the last few weeks, to include today, I have darn-near written a novel in a number of posts of why we would be the easiest choice, AND THIS ALSO FACTORS IN OUR LOSS TO COMPENSATE FOR OUR OTHER GAINS!!

I'm sorry, but this is enough. Yes, we should have beaten Tech. Yes, it was a fluke, and, yes, if we played them today, we would likely depants them. All of that is beside the point. We will have the best resume (outside of LSU), and with everything that this team has suffered, to not give them their just reward due to whatever lame reason is downright criminal.

Flame me, but this is just my honest opinion. To quote Clark W. Griswold, "Holy C**p, Jesus, I need a Tylenol!" (statement censored)

Blue likes this.
  2. btk108

btk108 New Member

As soon as we take down lOSUr...the Espin machine will claim they were overrated and clamor for an LSU/Bama rematch.

3. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

You know what, I say we go up to OSU and put a number on them like what we did to K-State and *. I have a feeling that if that is the task laid before this team, that they get it done. If that doesn't get it done, then I think that I will just start watching synchronized swimming because this sport is so darn corrupted and makes no dang sense!

4. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Heh, like I said, womens volleyball is were it's at.

5. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

espn talking heads are major dĂ­cks.

6. AzianSooner

AzianSooner Well-Known Member

Some of them make me think of WHY:

1. they think their opinion worthed like a set in stone.
    2. they make a lot of money for those Bull.scrap

7. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I hate their talk too....

But we all must remember they must find something that will pull in ratings.

Them talking about everyone but OU pulls in ratings. Why?

Because everyone in the nation has seen what OU is capable, good and bad.
    Because everyone is scared to have to face this pissed off OU team.
    Because they realize if OU wins out, they will be in the National Championship game.

SO they must talk about Bama, Oregon, or any other johny come lately!

8. Sooner98

Sooner98 New Member

Once we lost to a high school team like Texas Tech, we lost our right to complain or whine about anything anyone on ESPN says.

9. OU_Sooners75

how stupid.

Even after that loss, ESPN was spinning it that Tech was a good loss. Just like 99% of the Sooner Fan base. Heading into the OU game, Tech lost 2 games by a total of 12 points (A&M and KSU). Both those games, they gave up special teams TDs to lose the games.

That said Tech has completely fell apart. And now that they have beaten OU and have been *** raped ever since, it makes that OU loss look bad...and rightfully so.

But any logical and realistic thinker would know that OU is a much better team than what showed up that night.

OU will be fine...and ESPN knows that. ESPN knows if OU wins out they will be in the BCS title game over any other one loss team (assuming LSU wins out too).

But to keep the crowds happy, they do not mention this. They are giving a false hope to other fan bases...and in doing so, they will conintue to tune in and buy their crap!

10. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Bama and UO johny come latelys? I guess if you mean they have been in the title game more recently than OU, yes.

11. OU_Sooners75

No, I mean until this weekend, No one was talking about Oregon.

12. soonercastor

soonercastor New Member

Most likely before the show the producers give each a team they will make an argument for. Those are not really their opinions, they just argue for the team that they are given and make arguments against the others. Less people would tune in if they didn't have those debates.

13. BetterSoonerThanLater

BetterSoonerThanLater SoonerFans.com Elite Member

there's oly one...way to shut everyone up.

win

14. Kadosh

Kadosh New Member

No matter what they say, voters will always place most weight on the most recent games for the final BCS standings. Here are some facts they will most likely consider:

1) LSU already beat Oregon, on a neutral site. The MNC is a home game for LSU.
    2) LSU beat Bama, at Bama.

As we all know, voters don't like setting up rematches, especially in this case because these 1-loss teams didn't play at LSU (arguable for the Oregon game).

So, I'm guessing that if OU romps OSU during the last game before final votes have to be submitted, it will sway the voters to setup LSU vs OU for the MNC. Computers still love the Big 12, and the voters will also.

15. SoonerMagicinGA

SoonerMagicinGA New Member

^ This

16. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

I'm not saying the ESPN folks are geniuses, but I laugh every time someone complains about how they hate us, are out to get us, or whatever. Cry me a freaking river will ya.

17. OUNASH

OUNASH New Member

To some degree they are correct. We shouldnt have lost to Taco Tech. The more tech looks like crap the worse this loss becomes. With that being daid they need to look at the overall body of work, If we beat the Pokes it will all work itself out.
    If you dont like what EsPiN has to say quit watching. I have, and dont miss it one bit.

18. OUInformant

OUInformant New Member

We have to drill Top 25 Baylor and then Iowa St., and then take care of business in Stillwater. That's all that matters. If we do all this, we will be right there and in real good shape.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  19. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

Yeah. Without a playoff, it's all about taking care of business during the season...especially against schools who won't even make a bowl game.

I'm not so much worried about LSU or Bama, but Oregon. With their only loss being to LSU, then they may get the rematch with LSU if they win out. As overrated as Stanford was, Oregon still whipped them pretty good at their house. It's a big win for them late in the season.

Rather than play out the future, we should be focusing on Baylor. They suck ***, almost losing to crappy Kansas, but our coaching staff has had late season brain farts in the past. If they can keep from overthinking Baylor and Iowa State, we can hope our win over a #2 Oklahoma State looks better than Oregon beating a then-Top 10 Stanford and Pac-12 championship game.

Unfortunately, though, this post was right, you can't lose to half-assed Tech no matter what the circumstances...they suck, and the whole country knows it.

20. I do not understand the whining and complaining about ESPN and then continuing to watch it.

Curly Bill likes this.